Use Tiki Wiki site again; use it as an initial landing page as well as have pages for information and people to communicate before, during, and after the Camp.
Agile Coach Camp 2009 site
- Registration (EventBrite?)
- Donations (Should we set-up someone local to Raleigh to receive PayPal payments in teh event we need someone to collect sponsor donations?)
- hashtag on Twitter? post a means of getting in twitter feeds sent to the hashtag onto the Wiki site?
Just a thought, we could use EventBrite as a means to manage our registrations (instead of a wiki sign-up). I am looking at this…
Immediate advantages I see:
- looks like you can limit the # of “tickets” available; we can track how many we have and such
- posts ads/annoucements to several directories to make them available for people to find
- you can email everyone that is registered
- resgitration can be embedded onto another page look at how it is embedded at http://aplndc.pbwiki.com/
- free if we don’t charge a fee (if we did, we could have the fee passed into the ticket price)
Biggest disadvantages I see:
- yet another site to maange
- not sure a registration on EventBrite can be passed back to the Agile Coach Camp wiki; does it need to though?
- not sure whether we can make a file upload (for the person’s position paper) a requirement.
[12/31/08 14:36:21] Don Gray says: I tool a look at the sponsors page.
Last year did the sponsors directly pay the vendors?
[12/31/08 14:58:06] Deborah Hartmann says: yes, that way we avoided handling cash
[12/31/08 14:58:11] Deborah Hartmann says: seem ok to you?
[12/31/08 14:58:43] Deborah Hartmann says: we just negotiated the contracts, in some cases accepted the invoice (though we preferred that they send directly to the sponsor) and if we were invoiced we passed it on to the sponsor for payment.
[12/31/08 15:17:57] Don Gray says: > yes, that way we avoided handling cash
> seem ok to you?
Yes. That keeps the finances clean.
I like clean financials.
Look for something on the mailing list early next week
Have a Happy New Year!
I think we’ll try to do it the same way this year.
Last year’s theme was
“Pushing the Boundaries while Keeping Agile Simple What’s new? What’s Missing? What’s too complex? What’s obsolete?”
I’m not sure we really talked about this during the open space.
Do we think we need something different for this year? If so, suggestions?
This site will allow us to collaborate on the planning of the 2009 Agile Coach Camp; we’ll use Blog pages to post ideas have discussions. Please add comments on how you like the site to this page.