Banjo Home Page
- Banjo sprint at Startup Weekend Boston (Dec. 2009) - Banjo now has two-click preview functionality. Thanks to Alvin and Mike for their awesome work! See the screencast.
Banjo sprint at Plone Conference sprint (Oct/Nov 2009) - Thanks to everyone who helped out at the Banjo sprint at the Plone Conference 2009 in Budapest!
What is Banjo?
Banjo is a web-based tool for making it easier to theme a website or web application. It utilizes Deliverance to map elements in your dynamic web application (Plone, Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, etc.) into placeholders in a static website design. The goal of the tool is to provide a point-n-click interface to making these mappings, without requiring the user to edit the raw rules.xml file.
- Motini screencast (shows theming Drupal.org with a new theme)
- Screencast - Part 3 - two clicks to preview
- Screencast - Part 2 - showing generating rules
- Screencast - Part 1 - basic overview
- Blog post - part 3 - two clicks to preview
- Blog post - part 2 - showing generating rules
- Blog post - part 1 - basic overview
Why do we need it?
Plone theming is hard, and while Deliverance makes it easier, it still requires a lot of technical skills to understand the way the rules.xml file works. Banjo is an attempt to wrap the rules machinery in an easy-to-use interface, that allows one to create rules simply by pointing-and-clicking on elements on the webpage.
Who is behind it?
Sounds cool! How can I try it out?
The current version is semi-working but there are still some bugs that need to be worked out before we will post it for folks to look at. In the meantime, if you want to download it to evaluate the initial prototype version, you can check out the buildout.
I'm a developer and would like to help out.
You can also look at the current task list to see what needs to be done.