This is a space for planning a Plone community Cioppino Sprint to be held March 22-26 2012
Signup at end of page
Place: Bodega Bay, CA (details below)
Date: March 22-26, 2012; Thursday evening -> Monday morning.
Accommodations: We've rented a large vacation home, with an ability to sleep ten+ in varying degrees of privacy. If there's enough interest, renting a second home is possible.
Carpools: There will very likely be carpools from San Francisco / SFO and Sacramento / Davis.
Costs: Figure on equal shares of housing plus groceries. Housing costs last year were under $200 per person. We will seek some sponsorships; current thinking is that travel scholarships will be the first priority.
Topics: To be determined, possibly to include:
- Overhauling plone.org's documentation section
- Documentation, particularly Plone installation and admin manuals, Dexterity documentation
- Other topics TBD: but we want to keep the focus on achievable tasks that provide immediate wins for Plone-the-product or Plone-the-community.
Your ringleaders (thus far) are: Steve McMahon, Elizabeth Leddy, David Glick, Spanky. Interested in helping out? Join this project space!
Locale details: Bodega Bay, CA, a fishing/vacation town about an hour north of San Francisco.Bodega Bay has large seafood restaurants and a couple of quite decent grocery stores. It will be dungeness crab season and you can buy crabs right off the boat; Last year, we ate cioppino. This year we'll have some
more great food
Weather: It may be sunny and warm for the whole stay; or rainy and cold, or some mix. It's hard to predict. If the weather's nice, hiking on beach or bluffs is magnificent. There may even be whales to watch.
Signup! Please indicate if you can't make the whole sprint.
- Steve McMahon: the whole enchilada
- David Glick: Arriving Thurs. 3/22 (carpooling from Davis with Steve). Departing Mon. 3/26 from OAK at 5:30 p.m. Hoping someone can give me a ride to the airport?
- Liz Leddy: I'm in baby. head to toe.
- Florian Friesdorf: flight is booked!
- Spanky: I'm in to the hilt
- Luke Brannon: The whole !#.
- Mike Cullerton: The dog and I are in, for the whole time.
- Ross Patterson: can't come up with anything clever, the whole time.
- Eric Steele: What they said.
- Joel Burton: 99% likely whole time
- Tyler Randles: just like Joel 99% likely the whole time
- Fulvio Casali: 99% likely the whole time. Planning to ride Amtrak with David, and carpool from Davis if there's room. Hoping for carpool ride back to Davis Amtrak station. (That will be no problem! Steve)
- William Deegan: 91% likely the whole time.
Documents needing attention: