• collective.amberjack discussion

  • help with this product

    from samknox on Jul 10, 2009 03:44 PM
    Hi there -

    I'm assisting the Plone development team with analyzing this product for
    potential inclusion in the next release of Plone. I have the latest
    buildout installed locally, but so far I've been unable to create a tour
    of my own. The demo tour works fine, but when I try to create my own and
    activate it, I get an error message:

     "Amberjack alert: DIV with CLASS "ajTourDef" and ID "newPage" is not
    defined".

    Is there something I need to do via the ZMI to get this to work for me?
    I can create steps and all that, but can't seem to active the tour.

    Much appreciated,

    Sam Knox  |  Support Manager

    ONE/Northwest

    Email mailto:sam@... <mailto:sam@...>

    Phone  206.286.1235 ext 21
    Office  1402 Third Ave |  Suite 1000  |  Seattle, WA 98101

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: help with this product

    from nateaune on Jul 11, 2009 07:42 PM
    I just installed the latest amberjack into a clean Plone 3.2.2 site
    and couldn't even get the default plonetour to work.

    When you try to add the portlet, it expects a tour created with the
    metatour. But I'm not really sure how the metatour works. Maybe if I
    import the sample tour as zexp it will shed some light on it. Some
    docs would be very helpful :)

    I think I'd rather just edit the HTML file to make the tours, rather
    than do it through-the-plone. Is this still possible or does the
    portlet expect a metatour-generated tour?

    I'm cc'ing Massimo, the creator of these addons, in hopes that he can
    provide some assistance for Sam's problem and the issues I'm grappling
    with.

    Thanks,
    Nate

    --
    Nate Aune - natea@...
    http://www.jazkarta.com

    On Jul 10, 2009, at 3:43 PM, "Sam Knox" <sam@...> wrote:

    > Hi there –
    >

    > I’m assisting the Plone development team with analyzing this product
    >  for potential inclusion in the next release of Plone. I have the la
    > test buildout installed locally, but so far I’ve been unable to crea
    > te a tour of my own. The demo tour works fine, but when I try to cre
    > ate my own and activate it, I get an error message:
    >

    >  “Amberjack alert: DIV with CLASS "ajTourDef" and ID "newPage" is no
    > t defined”.
    >

    > Is there something I need to do via the ZMI to get this to work for
    > me? I can create steps and all that, but can’t seem to active the to
    > ur.
    >

    > Much appreciated,
    >

    > Sam Knox  |  Support Manager
    >
    > ONE/Northwest
    >
    > Email mailto:sam@...
    >
    > Phone  206.286.1235 ext 21
    > Office  1402 Third Ave |  Suite 1000  |  Seattle, WA 98101
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://www.coactivate.org/[…]/1247255053322
    >  for questions.

    • Re: help with this product

      from massimo on Jul 12, 2009 12:06 PM
      I all,
      For sure a tutorial for creating a tutorial is needed.. since I just created
      a new tutorial with no problems on a 3.2.2. but the point is that you have
      to follow some rules in creating the tutorial and the steps.
      I'll write it in next nights :)

      nate, the portlet behaviour is obviously wrong, maybe a possible solution
      should be to set the tour as not mandatory and hide the portlet if no tour
      is selected.

      about creating tutorials via HTML, for sure it could be a great opportunity
      for developers.
      on the other hand, I'd like to give this product directly to final users. in
      that case writing a complete tour via HTML could be not so easy.
      btw, I also thought to include a "export the tour" which will create a
      package that could be released and shared.

      bye

      massimo
      ---

      On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 1:41 AM, Nate Aune <natea@...> wrote:

      > I just installed the latest amberjack into a clean Plone 3.2.2 site and
      > couldn't even get the default plonetour to work.
      >
      > When you try to add the portlet, it expects a tour created with the
      > metatour. But I'm not really sure how the metatour works. Maybe if I import
      > the sample tour as zexp it will shed some light on it. Some docs would be
      > very helpful :)
      >
      > I think I'd rather just edit the HTML file to make the tours, rather than
      > do it through-the-plone. Is this still possible or does the portlet expect a
      > metatour-generated tour?
      >
      > I'm cc'ing Massimo, the creator of these addons, in hopes that he can
      > provide some assistance for Sam's problem and the issues I'm grappling with.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Nate
      >
      > --Nate Aune - <natea@...>natea@...
      > http://www.jazkarta.com
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Jul 10, 2009, at 3:43 PM, "Sam Knox" <sam@...> wrote:
      >
      >  Hi there –
      >

      > I’m assisting the Plone development team with analyzing this product for
      > potential inclusion in the next release of Plone. I have the latest buildout
      > installed locally, but so far I’ve been unable to create a tour of my own.
      > The demo tour works fine, but when I try to create my own and activate it, I
      > get an error message:
      >

      >  “Amberjack alert: DIV with CLASS "ajTourDef" and ID "newPage" is not
      > defined”.
      >

      > Is there something I need to do via the ZMI to get this to work for me? I
      > can create steps and all that, but can’t seem to active the tour.
      >

      > Much appreciated,
      >

      > *Sam Knox** * |* * Support Manager
      >
      > *ONE/Northwest*
      >
      > *Email mailto:sam@... <sam@...>*
      >
      > *Phone*  206.286.1235 ext 21*
      > Office*  1402 Third Ave |  Suite 1000  |  Seattle, WA 98101
      >

      > --
      > Archive:
      > <http://www.coactivate.org/projects/collectiveamberjack/lists/collectiveamberjack-discussion/archive/2009/07/1247255053322>
      > http://www.coactivate.org/[…]/1247255053322
      >

      > --
      > Archive: http://www.coactivate.org/[…]/1247355741274<http://www.coactivate.org/projects/collectiveamberjack/lists/collectiveamberjack-discussion/archive/2009/07/1247355741274>

      • RE: help with this product

        from samknox on Jul 14, 2009 11:57 AM
        Massimo -

        Great! I look forward to seeing a tutorial from you. I agree as well,
        end users should be able to create tours without having to write HTML.

        Sam

[...]

        questions.

        --
        Archive: http://www.coactivate.org/[...]/1247355741274
        <http://www.coactivate.org/projects/collectiveamberjack/lists/collective
        amberjack-discussion/archive/2009/07/1247355741274>

        questions.

        --
        Archive: http://www.coactivate.org/[...]/1247414793894
        <http://www.coactivate.org/projects/collectiveamberjack/lists/collective

      • Re: help with this product

        from nateaune on Jul 13, 2009 10:25 AM
        On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Massimo
        Azzolini<massimo.azzolini@...> wrote:
        > I all,
        > For sure a tutorial for creating a tutorial is needed.. since I just created
        > a new tutorial with no problems on a 3.2.2. but the point is that you have
        > to follow some rules in creating the tutorial and the steps.
        > I'll write it in next nights :)

        Ok, that would be great. I'm sure that those of us who are trying to
        use amberjack would appreciate some documentation about how to make a
        metatour.

        > nate, the portlet behaviour is obviously wrong, maybe a possible solution
        > should be to set the tour as not mandatory and hide the portlet if no tour
        > is selected.

        I think it should give you the option of using one of the metatours,
        or overriding it with a tourid of an HTML-based tour.

        > about creating tutorials via HTML, for sure it could be a great opportunity
        > for developers.

        I think being able to edit these tours and check them into subversion
        repository, and for ease of translating them to other languages, it
        will be best to do them as HTML.

        > on the other hand, I'd like to give this product directly to final users. in
        > that case writing a complete tour via HTML could be not so easy.

        Sure, I can see for a customer who wants to provide TTW tour creation
        for their users, then the metatour approach works well, but I think
        for the Plone tours that we are going to create it makes sense to do
        them in HTML.

        > btw, I also thought to include a "export the tour" which will create a
        > package that could be released and shared.

        Yes, that would be a very cool feature.

        Nate