• collective.amberjack discussion

  • buildout configuration for Plone 4

    from vincentfretin on Aug 07, 2009 10:52 AM
    Hi,

    I've just created a buildout configuration for Plone 4 so we can test it on
    Plone 4.

    svn co https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/buildouts/plone-coredev
    cd plone-coredev/branches/4.0
    python bootstrap.py
    bin/buildout -c plips/plip9324-amberjack.cfg

    What the status of this PLIP btw? Amberjack will be included in the unified
    installer, but the user will need to specify an option right?
    Who is in charge of adding this option to the unified installer?

    I started my i18n/l10n work. I completely internationalized
    collective.amberjack.portlet and translated it into french.

    Regards

    Vincent Fretin
    Ecreall
    Site : http://vincentfretin.ecreall.com

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: buildout configuration for Plone 4

    from vincentfretin on Aug 07, 2009 10:54 AM
    On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Vincent Fretin <vincent.fretin@...>wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just created a buildout configuration for Plone 4 so we can test it on
    > Plone 4.
    >
    > svn co https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/buildouts/plone-coredev
    > cd plone-coredev/branches/4.0
    > python bootstrap.py
    > bin/buildout -c plips/plip9324-amberjack.cfg

    bin/instance fg

        import_product(product_dir, product_name, raise_exc=debug_mode)
      File
    "/home/vincentfretin/svn/plone-coredev/branches/4.0/src/Zope2/src/OFS/Application.py",
    line 596, in import_product
        product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
      File
    "/home/vincentfretin/svn/plone-coredev/branches/4.0/eggs/Products.DataGridField-1.6-py2.5.egg/Products/DataGridField/__init__.py",
    line 25, in <module>
        from Products.DataGridField.DataGridField  import DataGridField
      File
    "/home/vincentfretin/svn/plone-coredev/branches/4.0/eggs/Products.DataGridField-1.6-py2.5.egg/Products/DataGridField/DataGridField.py",
    line 20, in <module>
        from Products.DataGridField.interfaces import IDataGridField
      File
    "/home/vincentfretin/svn/plone-coredev/branches/4.0/eggs/Products.DataGridField-1.6-py2.5.egg/Products/DataGridField/interfaces.py",
    line 8, in <module>
        from Interface import Interface
    ImportError: No module named Interface

    The Interface module was removed in Zope 2.12. :-(

  • RE: buildout configuration for Plone 4

    from samknox on Aug 07, 2009 11:37 AM
    I'm in charge of creating some stock tutorials that a user who is new to
    Plone can go through to get familiar with the CMS. I'm not sure who's in
    charge of the programming/productizing.

    Sam Knox

    ONE/Northwest

    --
    Archive: http://www.coactivate.org/[...]/1249656723328
    <http://www.coactivate.org/projects/collectiveamberjack/lists/collective

    • Re: buildout configuration for Plone 4

      from vincentfretin on Aug 13, 2009 02:59 AM
      By the way, collective.amberjack.core, plonetour and portlet work great on
      Plone 4.

      collective.amberjack.metatour doesn't work on Plone 4 because of the
      Products.DataGridField dependency. DataGridField 1.6 needs the old Interface
      module (zope2 interface implementation) which dissappeared in Zope 2.12. The
      only way we have is apparently to fix DataGridField ourself to use zope3
      interfaces.
      Well for now it's not the priority. metatour will not be part of the PLIP,
      that's all.

      Vincent Fretin
      Ecreall
      Site : http://vincentfretin.ecreall.com

      • Re: buildout configuration for Plone 4

        from vincentfretin on Aug 13, 2009 12:41 PM
        collective.amberjack.metatour works now on Plone 4. I fixed DataGridField.

        Vincent Fretin
        Ecreall
        Site : http://vincentfretin.ecreall.com

        • Re: buildout configuration for Plone 4

          from massimo on Aug 13, 2009 12:51 PM
          great :)
          massimo
          ---