• collective.amberjack discussion

  • Internationalization of a packaged tour ok

    from vincentfretin on Aug 11, 2009 09:11 AM
    Hi,

    I internationalized collective.amberjack.plonetour and translated it into
    french. So now you have a perfect example how to write an internationalized
    tour.
    The xcontent=Published is internationalized as well, so the tour work when
    you are in french.

    Sam you can start to write some tours I think :-)
    I can help your with internationalization and custom jq selector if you
    need.

    The deadline for the implementation is this weekend If you want
    collective.amberjack to ship with Plone 4 installer as an option.

    Cheers

    Vincent Fretin
    Ecreall
    Site : http://vincentfretin.ecreall.com

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Internationalization of a packaged tour ok

    from massimo on Aug 11, 2009 09:44 AM
    Hi all,

    On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Vincent Fretin <vincent.fretin@...>wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I internationalized collective.amberjack.plonetour and translated it into
    > french. So now you have a perfect example how to write an internationalized
    > tour.

    Vincent, you did a great job. Thanks a lot.

    > The xcontent=Published is internationalized as well, so the tour work when
    > you are in french.

    We'll add the italian translation asap.

    > Sam you can start to write some tours I think :-)
    > I can help your with internationalization and custom jq selector if you
    > need.

    yes, the jq selector we inserted were just the ones we needed, but for sure
    they don't cover all the plone ui elements.

    > The deadline for the implementation is this weekend If you want
    > collective.amberjack to ship with Plone 4 installer as an option.

    deadline?!
    I discovered just yesterday in the evening (reading your email about plip)
    that there where a plip :)

    We are planning to have a sprint for next week (probably friday) to fix some
    of the open points. We cannot do it this week, no time for planning it.
    What are in your opinion the most "hurriest" open issues to fix?

    bye

    massimo
    ---

  • Re: Internationalization of a packaged tour ok

    from vincentfretin on Aug 11, 2009 09:18 AM
    On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Vincent Fretin <vincent.fretin@...>wrote:

    > Sam you can start to write some tours I think :-)
    > I can help your with internationalization and custom jq selector if you
    > need.

    I think you can first update/change the existing tour to remove all lorem
    ipsum messages. :-)

    And to create new tours, I think we could write a module for each one and
    register each in zcml, and use the same i18n domain.

    • Re: Re: Internationalization of a packaged tour ok

      from massimo on Aug 11, 2009 09:54 AM
      On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Vincent Fretin <vincent.fretin@...>wrote:

      > And to create new tours, I think we could write a module for each one and
      > register each in zcml, and use the same i18n domain.

      It depends.
      the steps can be reused in more than one tour, so you can have two different
      scenarios:
      A.
      one big module with all the steps rearranged in some tours

      B.
      many modules with, in each one, some step and a tour. In this way if you
      want to reuse a step from another tour/module, you create a dependency
      between modules.

      I think that we can start, as vincent suggest, creating a module for each
      tour, but for sure we can refactor it later.

      I'm going to have a contribution from the university of ferrara. A girl
      probably will help us in these tasks.

      bye

      massimo
      ---

      • RE: Re: Internationalization of a packaged tour ok

        from samknox on Aug 11, 2009 11:44 AM
        Hi all -

        I pretty much lack the technical ability to create modules (unless it
        can be done through the GUI), so I have been outlining the potential
        tours in this way:

        Add and Publish a Page

        1.	Add and Publish a Page

        	a.	Description: In this tour, you'll create a new Page and
        publish it on your Plone-powered website.
        	b.	First, click the Add New. .  . drop-down menu
        	c.	Select Page from the menu

        2.	Now Fill out the Page Fields

        	a.	Description: Now that you've select the Page content
        type, you'll need to supply some information about the page
        	b.	Provide a Title
        	c.	Provide a Description
        	d.	Add some page content (you can come back and edit this
        later)
        	e.	Save the page

        3.	Publish the page

        	a.	Description: You have now created a Page for your Plone
        website. Before this page can be viewed by anonymous site visitors, you
        must publish it. Publishing also makes your page available in the
        Navigation portlet.
        	b.	Click the State drop-down menu
        	c.	Select Publish from the menu
        	d.	All done!

        Does this kind of outline make sense? Is it what you would need for each
        module?

        Sam

        --
        Archive: http://www.coactivate.org/[...]/1249998868798
        <http://www.coactivate.org/projects/collectiveamberjack/lists/collective

        • Re: Re: Internationalization of a packaged tour ok

          from vincentfretin on Aug 11, 2009 12:49 PM
          On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Sam Knox <sam@...> wrote:

          >  Hi all –
          >

          > I pretty much lack the technical ability to create modules (unless it can
          > be done through the GUI), so I have been outlining the potential tours in
          > this way:
          >

          > *Add and Publish a Page*
          >
          >    1. Add and Publish a Page
          >       1. *Description*: In this tour, you’ll create a new Page and publish
          >       it on your Plone-powered website.
          >       2. First, click the Add New. .  . drop-down menu
          >       3. Select Page from the menu
          >    2. Now Fill out the Page Fields
          >       1. *Description*: Now that you’ve select the Page content type,
          >       you’ll need to supply some information about the page
          >       2. Provide a Title
          >       3. Provide a Description
          >       4. Add some page content (you can come back and edit this later)
          >       5. Save the page
          >    3. Publish the page
          >       1. *Description*: You have now created a Page for your Plone
          >       website. Before this page can be viewed by anonymous site visitors, you must
          >       publish it. Publishing also makes your page available in the Navigation
          >       portlet.
          >       2. Click the State drop-down menu
          >       3. Select Publish from the menu
          >       4. All done!
          >
          > Does this kind of outline make sense? Is it what you would need for each
          > module?

          Perfect. Give me tours in this format and I will take care of the modules
          creation.

          For the "3.d. All done!", it should be 4 because we check the state when the
          page reload.

          Vincent Fretin
          Ecreall
          Site : http://vincentfretin.ecreall.com

          • RE: Re: Internationalization of a packaged tour ok

            from samknox on Aug 11, 2009 01:56 PM
            Perfect! I'll move ahead with the rest of the tours in this manner. My
            goal will be to create about a dozen by the end of this week, mostly
            centered on basic end-user tasks. If there's time to add more before
            Plone 4 comes out, I'll work on those too.

            Sam

            Does this kind of outline make sense? Is it what you would need for each
            module?

            Perfect. Give me tours in this format and I will take care of the
            modules creation.

            For the "3.d. All done!", it should be 4 because we check the state when
            the page reload.

            Vincent Fretin
            Ecreall
            Site : http://vincentfretin.ecreall.com