• collective.amberjack discussion

  • progress on scripts

    from samknox on Aug 12, 2009 01:20 PM
    Hello team -

    Attached is my progress so far on the amberjack scripts. There are three
    completed scripts there that you can use to start building out the
    modules. The rest will come over the next few days.

    I did want to point out a couple of assumptions I've been working under:
    In order for amberjack to work, it has to be able to find existing
    content objects. In other words, if a tutorial is asking someone to
    create a hyperlink on a page, then there must be a page in place first
    for that person to navigate to. I think what this means is that we need
    to structure the tutorials along a set trajectory so that users will go
    through them in a set order. That is why you see me referring to the
    same page in each tutorial.

    My second assumption is that these tutorials are best taken just after a
    fresh install of Plone. Many of the tasks described in the tutorials
    involve creating and publishing content that would appear on a live
    production site. I'm not exactly sure how to message that to the user,
    but I think it needs to be pointed out.

    Best,

    Sam Knox  |  Support Manager

    ONE/Northwest

    Email mailto:sam@... <mailto:sam@...>

    Phone  206.286.1235 ext 21
    Office  1402 Third Ave |  Suite 1000  |  Seattle, WA 98101

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: progress on scripts

    from vincentfretin on Aug 13, 2009 02:54 AM
    On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Sam Knox <sam@...> wrote:

    >  Hello team –
    >

    > Attached is my progress so far on the amberjack scripts. There are three
    > completed scripts there that you can use to start building out the modules.
    > The rest will come over the next few days.

    cool. I'll work on it today.

    Vincent Fretin
    Ecreall
    Site : http://vincentfretin.ecreall.com

    • RE: progress on scripts

      from samknox on Aug 13, 2009 12:24 PM
      Thanks, Vincent. I added three more tutorials to the Google doc that
      Massimo set up.  Let me know if you need a link to the document.

      Sam

      --
      Archive: http://www.coactivate.org/[...]/1250146477395
      <http://www.coactivate.org/projects/collectiveamberjack/lists/collective

      • Re: progress on scripts

        from vincentfretin on Aug 13, 2009 12:40 PM
        On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Sam Knox <sam@...> wrote:

        >  Thanks, Vincent. I added three more tutorials to the Google doc that
        > Massimo set up.  Let me know if you need a link to the document.

        Thanks. Massimo gave me the link
        .
        Vincent

  • Re: progress on scripts

    from massimo on Aug 12, 2009 01:44 PM
    On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Sam Knox <sam@...> wrote:

    >  Hello team –
    >

    > Attached is my progress so far on the amberjack scripts. There are three
    > completed scripts there that you can use to start building out the modules.
    > The rest will come over the next few days.
    >
    > thanks, great.

    > I did want to point out a couple of assumptions I’ve been working under: In
    > order for amberjack to work, it has to be able to find existing content
    > objects. In other words, if a tutorial is asking someone to create a
    > hyperlink on a page, then there must be a page in place first for that
    > person to navigate to. I think what this means is that we need to structure
    > the tutorials along a set trajectory so that users will go through them in a
    > set order. That is why you see me referring to the same page in each
    > tutorial.

    at the beginning I thought to create a sort of "clean up" at the end of the
    tutorial.
    the best should be to have a "setUp" and "tearDown".
    this tools start to be much similar to a test suit than I expected :)

    > My second assumption is that these tutorials are best taken just after a
    > fresh install of Plone. Many of the tasks described in the tutorials involve
    > creating and publishing content that would appear on a live production site.
    > I’m not exactly sure how to message that to the user, but I think it needs
    > to be pointed out.
    >
    > the best, imho, should be to create a temporary folder for each user
    (setUp, tearDown)
    in that case they would have a fresh environment.

    massimo
    ---