• collective.amberjack discussion

  • The status of our work

    from vincentfretin on Aug 19, 2009 02:41 AM
    Hello everyone,

    On
    https://dev.plone.org/plone/wiki/Plone4
    you have a link to the release calendar http://bit.ly/plone4calendar
    PLIP Implementation review is for 30 august. At that date, we should have
    finished the todo items in
    https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/buildouts/plone-coredev/branches/4.0/plips/plip9324-amberjack.txt

    We have 5 tours implemented on 12.
    I think Massimo and Mirna can take care of implementing the tours left.

    - Add a link to the first tour in the first page of the second one,
      so a user who selects the second one directly will be able to take
      the first one first, since you need to create the MyFolder folder first.
    - At the end of a tour, add a link to the next tutorial.
    I can take care of these two, the idea is from Israel.

    - The whole Amberjack should manage branches like "if you are not logged in,
    then, log in".
    Massimo, you want to take a look at it?

    - collective.jqueryui. actually we have a js file in core/skins. it contains
    both jquery.ui and jquery.ui.draggable.
      we could remove the jquery.ui stuff and leave only a file ui.draggable.js.
      unluckly, collective.js.jquery + ui.draggable.js doesn't work (raise a js
    error)
    Massimo, I will take a look at this one. But if we use
    collective.js.jqueryui 1.7, it will normally doesn't work on Plone 3.2.3
    (jquery 1.2.6).
    Jqueryui 1.7 is compatible only with jquery 1.3.2, since Plone 3.3.

    - Write tests for meta directives, tour_manager...
    Massimo or me I think.

    - Add an option to the Unified Installer, something like "./install.sh
    --with-tours".
      What it should do is creating the buildout.cfg with the following:

        [buildout]
        eggs =
            Plone
            collective.amberjack.core
            collective.amberjack.plonetour
            collective.amberjack.portlet
            collective.amberjack.metatour

        [unifiedinstaller]
        run-profile =
            profile-collective.amberjack.core:default
            profile-collective.amberjack.portlet:default
            # don't install collective.amberjack.metatour by default

    - Add a run-profile option to plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller to run
    additional profiles
      when the Plone Site is created.

    I'll be working with Steve McMahon to add the option to the unified
    installer to install collective.amberjack on the automatically created Plone
    Site.

    I have to contact translators individually to push them to translate.

    I moved some todo items on "Further ideas". I think we can work on them
    after all previous todo items are finished.
    Here is the list:

    - Check the entered texts: check if the texts entered in the fields are the
    ones we expected.
      If not we may have problems with ids (in the url) and with the xcontent.
      Otherwise, let both url and xcontent be function of what the user entered.

    - Check if the user completes the step: since every step is made by several
      microstep, provide a way to check if all of them has been completed before
      unloading the page and go to the next step. If not, ask him if he wants to
    let
      the browser to autocomplete the step.

    - Clicking on next step button do all the microsteps of the current step.

    - Load the js stuff only if the tour is running.

    - setUp/tearDown. provide a way to create an environment in which the user
      runs his tours. explore possible security issues.

    - Provide a way to create a tour using paster.

    Vincent

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: The status of our work

    from massimo on Aug 19, 2009 05:52 AM
    On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Vincent Fretin <vincent.fretin@...>wrote:

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > On
    > https://dev.plone.org/plone/wiki/Plone4
    > you have a link to the release calendar http://bit.ly/plone4calendar
    > PLIP Implementation review is for 30 august. At that date, we should have
    > finished the todo items in
    >
    > https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/buildouts/plone-coredev/branches/4.0/plips/plip9324-amberjack.txt
    >
    > We have 5 tours implemented on 12.
    > I think Massimo and Mirna can take care of implementing the tours left.

    yes, Mirna is here next to me, learning and implementing!
    I probably will have problems with the tour using kupu (or tinymce?) for
    selecting the text (to which apply bold and so on..), I'm going to find a
    solution.

    > - Add a link to the first tour in the first page of the second one,
    >   so a user who selects the second one directly will be able to take
    >   the first one first, since you need to create the MyFolder folder first.
    > - At the end of a tour, add a link to the next tutorial.
    > I can take care of these two, the idea is from Israel.

    nice idea!

    I think it could be also quite easy to create a uber-tutorial that mixes
    together all the already implemented ones

    > - The whole Amberjack should manage branches like "if you are not logged
    > in, then, log in".
    > Massimo, you want to take a look at it?

    ok.

    > - collective.jqueryui. actually we have a js file in core/skins. it
    > contains both jquery.ui and jquery.ui.draggable.
    >   we could remove the jquery.ui stuff and leave only a file
    > ui.draggable.js.
    >   unluckly, collective.js.jquery + ui.draggable.js doesn't work (raise a js
    > error)
    > Massimo, I will take a look at this one. But if we use
    > collective.js.jqueryui 1.7, it will normally doesn't work on Plone 3.2.3
    > (jquery 1.2.6).
    > Jqueryui 1.7 is compatible only with jquery 1.3.2, since Plone 3.3.

    Can we create a 3.2.3 version and 3.3+ version?

    > - Write tests for meta directives, tour_manager...
    > Massimo or me I think.

    sure.

    > - Add an option to the Unified Installer, something like "./install.sh
    > --with-tours".
    >   What it should do is creating the buildout.cfg with the following:
    >
    >     [buildout]
    >     eggs =
    >         Plone
    >         collective.amberjack.core
    >         collective.amberjack.plonetour
    >         collective.amberjack.portlet
    >         collective.amberjack.metatour
    >
    >     [unifiedinstaller]
    >     run-profile =
    >         profile-collective.amberjack.core:default
    >         profile-collective.amberjack.portlet:default
    >         # don't install collective.amberjack.metatour by default

    imho, metatour should be even not available in a standard installation. It's
    an add-on for "tour developers"...

    > - Add a run-profile option to plone.recipe.unifiedinstaller to run
    > additional profiles
    >   when the Plone Site is created.
    >
    > I'll be working with Steve McMahon to add the option to the unified
    > installer to install collective.amberjack on the automatically created Plone
    > Site.
    >
    > I have to contact translators individually to push them to translate.

    probably is better to wait until we finish all the tours.

    > I moved some todo items on "Further ideas". I think we can work on them
    > after all previous todo items are finished.
    > Here is the list:
    >
    > - Check the entered texts: check if the texts entered in the fields are the
    > ones we expected.
    >   If not we may have problems with ids (in the url) and with the xcontent.
    >   Otherwise, let both url and xcontent be function of what the user
    > entered.

    this is, imho, a little bit blocking. since users *never* do what you are
    telling them to do :)
    so if they write "my folder" instead of "MyFolder" it's a mess.

    > - Check if the user completes the step: since every step is made by several
    >   microstep, provide a way to check if all of them has been completed
    > before
    >   unloading the page and go to the next step. If not, ask him if he wants
    > to let
    >   the browser to autocomplete the step.
    >
    > - Clicking on next step button do all the microsteps of the current step.
    >
    > - Load the js stuff only if the tour is running.
    >
    > - setUp/tearDown. provide a way to create an environment in which the user
    >   runs his tours. explore possible security issues.
    >
    > - Provide a way to create a tour using paster.

    massimo
    ---

    • Re: The status of our work

      from vincentfretin on Aug 19, 2009 08:01 AM
      On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Massimo Azzolini <
      massimo.azzolini@...> wrote:

      >> - collective.jqueryui. actually we have a js file in core/skins. it
      >> contains both jquery.ui and jquery.ui.draggable.
      >>   we could remove the jquery.ui stuff and leave only a file
      >> ui.draggable.js.
      >>   unluckly, collective.js.jquery + ui.draggable.js doesn't work (raise a
      >> js error)
      >> Massimo, I will take a look at this one. But if we use
      >> collective.js.jqueryui 1.7, it will normally doesn't work on Plone 3.2.3
      >> (jquery 1.2.6).
      >> Jqueryui 1.7 is compatible only with jquery 1.3.2, since Plone 3.3.
      >>

      > Can we create a 3.2.3 version and 3.3+ version?

      I don't know, maybe doing two profiles in collective.amberjack.core, one
      which install collective.js.jqueryui when you are on 3.3+, one which install
      our internal jqueryui 1.6 for Plone 3.2.3.
      The draggable plugin is in jqueryui, or it's add-on to jqueryui?

      > imho, metatour should be even not available in a standard installation.
      > It's an add-on for "tour developers"...

      I hesitated, you're right, metatour is really for tour developper, we
      shouldn't include it in the installer.

      >> I have to contact translators individually to push them to translate.
      >>

      > probably is better to wait until we finish all the tours.

      Right.

      >> I moved some todo items on "Further ideas". I think we can work on them
      >> after all previous todo items are finished.
      >> Here is the list:
      >>
      >> - Check the entered texts: check if the texts entered in the fields are
      >> the ones we expected.
      >>   If not we may have problems with ids (in the url) and with the xcontent.
      >>   Otherwise, let both url and xcontent be function of what the user
      >> entered.
      >>

      > this is, imho, a little bit blocking. since users *never* do what you are
      > telling them to do :)
      > so if they write "my folder" instead of "MyFolder" it's a mess.

      ok. :-)

      • Re: The status of our work

        from massimo on Aug 19, 2009 08:08 AM
        On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 2:00 PM, Vincent Fretin <vincent.fretin@...>wrote:

        > On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Massimo Azzolini <
        > massimo.azzolini@...> wrote:
        >

        >>> - collective.jqueryui. actually we have a js file in core/skins. it
        >>> contains both jquery.ui and jquery.ui.draggable.
        >>>   we could remove the jquery.ui stuff and leave only a file
        >>> ui.draggable.js.
        >>>   unluckly, collective.js.jquery + ui.draggable.js doesn't work (raise a
        >>> js error)
        >>> Massimo, I will take a look at this one. But if we use
        >>> collective.js.jqueryui 1.7, it will normally doesn't work on Plone 3.2.3
        >>> (jquery 1.2.6).
        >>> Jqueryui 1.7 is compatible only with jquery 1.3.2, since Plone 3.3.
        >>>

        >> Can we create a 3.2.3 version and 3.3+ version?
        >>
        > I don't know, maybe doing two profiles in collective.amberjack.core, one
        > which install collective.js.jqueryui when you are on 3.3+, one which install
        > our internal jqueryui 1.6 for Plone 3.2.3.
        > The draggable plugin is in jqueryui, or it's add-on to jqueryui?

        is an add-on.
        I'll add the 1.7 and 1.6 compatible versions to the skin then we will see
        how to better manage it