• collective.amberjack discussion

  • collective.amberjack.core

    from tiago on Mar 24, 2011 11:35 AM
    Hi all,

    I need to create a module for an open source ERP, based on
    collective.amberjack.core. This will be my undergrad project.
    So, I would want to take some questions. Thanks in advance! :)

    How collective.amberjack.core reads (parse) the tour files (*.cfg)?
    The amberjackPlone.js is generic or just works with Plone?

    Regards
    --
    Tiago Samahá Cordeiro
    Linux User #468901

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: collective.amberjack.core

    from tiago on Mar 28, 2011 03:59 PM
    Someone?

    --
    Tiago Samahá Cordeiro
    Linux User #468901

  • Re: collective.amberjack.core

    from massimo on Mar 29, 2011 04:14 AM
    Tiago,

    sorry for the delay, but we're receiving few spam email on this list and I
    missed yours.

    collective.amberjack.core is designed to run on Plone.
    we talked about the fact that it should be great to let it work also on
    other platforms, but right now we didn't have time to even plan it.

    for sure it's doable, but not in an easy way. there are major components:
     - the js one
     - the rendering one
     - the registration one

    all of them have at least several intersections with the plone machinery
    (e.g. for rendering the tour we use a viewlet)

    I'll ask Mirco to give you more details about registration.

    bye

    massimo
    ---
    http://twitter.com/massimoazzolini
    http://blog.redturtle.it/redturtle-blog/authors/massimo
    http://www.slideshare.net/massimo.azzolini
    http://it.linkedin.com/in/massimoazzolini

    On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Tiago Samaha <tiagosamaha@...> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need to create a module for an open source ERP, based on
    > collective.amberjack.core. This will be my undergrad project.
    > So, I would want to take some questions. Thanks in advance! :)
    >
    > How collective.amberjack.core reads (parse) the tour files (*.cfg)?
    > The amberjackPlone.js is generic or just works with Plone?
    >

    > Regards
    > --
    > Tiago Samahá Cordeiro
    > Linux User #468901
    >

    > --
    > Archive: http://www.coactivate.org/[…]/1300980942255<http://www.coactivate.org/projects/collectiveamberjack/lists/collectiveamberjack-discussion/archive/2011/03/1300980942255>

    • Re: collective.amberjack.core

      from tiago on Mar 29, 2011 08:00 AM
      Hello Massimo,

      thank for your attention! I have more one question.
      The selector in the step (microstep) definition must be element id or can I
      use other selectors like jquery?

      [microstep_1]
      blueprint = collective.amberjack.blueprints.microstep
      idstep = menu_state
      text = This is my dummy microstep
      description = Now you should now how to define microstepsselector = #insert

      Grazie!  :)

      --
      Tiago Samahá Cordeiro
      Linux User #468901

      • Re: collective.amberjack.core

        from mirco_angelini on Mar 31, 2011 07:58 AM
        Hi Tiago,

        I'll try to explain to you some mechanics of collective.ambejack and answer to
        your questions.

        About registration we have implemented three utility that allows to register
        new tours. You can register by zip file, by folder, or trough the web.
        The main part of code for the registrations is located into the file
        registration.py
        For the registrations of zip and folders there is a 'meta:directive' zcml
        named 'tour'.
        Talking about the parse of .cfg file I can tell you to take a look of
        tour_converter.py that use the tour manager (interface ITourManager) to get
        the registered tour  and transform they in a python structure.

        The 'selector', inside the .cfg file, supports the following sintax:
        - {'id' : "insert"}
        - {'link' : "MyFolder"}
        - {'name' : "form.button.save"}
        - {'xpath' : "//dl[@id='plone-contentmenu-factories']/dt/a/span[1]"}

        I hope to be useful.

        bye,

        Mirco

        collectiveamberjack-discussion@.... Please
        collectiveamberjack-discussion-manager@...
        > >> for
        questions.

        • Re: Re: collective.amberjack.core

          from tiago on Mar 31, 2011 08:24 AM
          Hello Mirco,

          thank you for your attention! It'll be very useful.

          Regards

          --
          Tiago Samahá Cordeiro
          Linux User #468901

          • Re: Re: collective.amberjack.core

            from tiago on Apr 06, 2011 11:12 PM
            Hello,

            I'm trying to understand how to insert the tour (html file) when I select
            it. Is it loaded with javascript?
            Before select the tour, I inspected the source page and I could not found
            the tour (html), after the code was inserted.
            Can anyone explain?

            Thanks in advance!

            Regards

            --
            Tiago Samahá Cordeiro
            Linux User #468901

            • Re: Re: collective.amberjack.core

              from mirco_angelini on Apr 11, 2011 08:33 AM
              Hi,

              the html code is located into the viewlet named
              'collective.amberjackcore.viewlet' and it's dinamically generated getting the
              needed information from the tour registration.

              Of course there is a big javascript part that control all the commands and
              much more.
              We used on the original javascript code of amberjack
              (.../skins/collective_amberjack_javascript/amberjack.js) with some
              customization to adapt it to Plone
              (.../skins/collective_amberjack_javascript/amberjackPlone.js)