• Anniversary Sprint discussion

  • Sprint quickstart tips

    from jaroel on Jul 11, 2015 09:24 AM
    Hi all,

    Please do the following before the sprint starts:
    1. Read http://buildoutcoredev.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
    2. Clone https://github.com/plone/buildout.coredev branch 5.0
    3. Run the buildout for branch 5.0

    Make sure you have signed the contributor agreement! We cannot and won't accept your code because of licensing problems.
    Read more about this on http://buildoutcoredev.readthedocs.org/en/latest/agreement.html . If you need help on this, please contact me before the sprint, or on Monday morning.

    A few tips to make your life easier:
    If you run into any kind of problems, please ask. Most problems already have been solved before.
    Pair up with somebody. It is way more fun. You are not alone on solving a problem :)

    To make everyone else's life easier:
    Use pull requests when possible. This allows us to tests the changes before merging into the main branch. This prevents most errors on the main branch, so people don't get blocked as often :)

    And lastly: have fun and have a beer*!

    -Roel

    * fun is optional ;)

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Sprint quickstart tips

    from vangheem on Jul 11, 2015 06:19 PM
    Hi all!

    I'm looking forward to sprinting with everyone.

    If you're going to be working on toolbar with me, we'll be working on a
    plip config file in the coredev buildout:
    https://github.com/plone/buildout.coredev/blob/5.0/plips/plip-toolbar.cfg

    Also, take a look at this mockup that Dylan made for us to help get the
    ideas flowing: https://gomockingbird.com/projects/qh6s0uy/4gXVnC

    Be prepared to talk about user experience with current toolbar
    implementations(5b and 4.x) that have been used and give ideas for
    solutions to the problems we have. We'll have a lot to talk about the first
    day.

    Looking forward to seeing everyone!

    -Nathan

    On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 4:24 AM, Roel Bruggink <roel@...> wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Please do the following before the sprint starts:
    > 1. Read http://buildoutcoredev.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
    > 2. Clone https://github.com/plone/buildout.coredev branch 5.0
    > 3. Run the buildout for branch 5.0
    >
    > Make sure you have signed the contributor agreement! We cannot and won't
    > accept your code because of licensing problems.
    > Read more about this on
    > http://buildoutcoredev.readthedocs.org/en/latest/agreement.html . If you
    > need help on this, please contact me before the sprint, or on Monday
    > morning.
    >
    > A few tips to make your life easier:
    > If you run into any kind of problems, please ask. Most problems already
    > have been solved before.
    > Pair up with somebody. It is way more fun. You are not alone on solving a
    > problem :)
    >
    > To make everyone else's life easier:
    > Use pull requests when possible. This allows us to tests the changes
    > before merging into the main branch. This prevents most errors on the main
    > branch, so people don't get blocked as often :)
    >
    > And lastly: have fun and have a beer*!
    >
    > -Roel
    >
    > * fun is optional ;)
    >

    > --