• Plone Cioppino Sprint discussion

  • Cioppino Logistics

    from stevem on Mar 17, 2012 12:27 AM
    Hi folks!

    Some practical things to think about:

    1) We really, really, really need to minimize autos at the sprint house.
    Autos are the biggest impact we have on the neighborhood, and having more
    than a few dramatically increases the chance that somebody will be unhappy
    with us and file a complaint with the security folks. So, look for ways to
    carpool!

    2) There's a very good chance that with this many sprinters, we're going to
    have a bandwidth problem with the vacation house's access point. I
    encourage anyone that's got a cellular modem (or knows how to use their
    phone as one) to bring it along.

    3) We need to decide pretty quickly if we want to try to rent an additional
    house. We're really maxed out for this one, and will need to have folks
    sleeping on the floor or inflatable mattresses. The rental company's max
    for this house is 12, and we've got 13 persons signed up at 90%+ likelihood
    of attending.

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Cioppino Logistics

    from chaoflow on Mar 17, 2012 09:00 AM
    <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
    On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:26:55 -0700, Steve McMahon <steve@...> wrote:
    > Hi folks!
    >
    > Some practical things to think about:
    >
    > 1) We really, really, really need to minimize autos at the sprint house.
    > Autos are the biggest impact we have on the neighborhood, and having more
    > than a few dramatically increases the chance that somebody will be unhappy
    > with us and file a complaint with the security folks. So, look for ways to
    > carpool!

    I'm happy to leave my care at home ;)

    > 2) There's a very good chance that with this many sprinters, we're going to
    > have a bandwidth problem with the vacation house's access point. I
    > encourage anyone that's got a cellular modem (or knows how to use their
    > phone as one) to bring it along.

    Have one, will bring it but only an ATT card which does only GPRS in my
    phone - I think - never tried it - new phone. If somebody has a spare
    T-mobile prepaid...

    > 3) We need to decide pretty quickly if we want to try to rent an additional
    > house. We're really maxed out for this one, and will need to have folks
    > sleeping on the floor or inflatable mattresses. The rental company's max
    > for this house is 12, and we've got 13 persons signed up at 90%+ likelihood
    > of attending.

    Will arrive on Monday evening in SF, happy to help with logistics then.

    --
    Florian Friesdorf <flo@...>
      GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083

    • Re: Cioppino Logistics

      from bdbaddog on Mar 17, 2012 04:29 PM
      I'm planning to bring a mirror of pypi so that should help on bandwidth.

      Not sure on carpool yet depends on client issues I'm not sure what time I can leave.

      -Bill

      On Mar 17, 2012, at 2:00 AM, Florian Friesdorf <flo@...> wrote:

      > <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
      > On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:26:55 -0700, Steve McMahon <steve@...> wrote:
      >> Hi folks!
      >>
      >> Some practical things to think about:
      >>
      >> 1) We really, really, really need to minimize autos at the sprint house.
      >> Autos are the biggest impact we have on the neighborhood, and having more
      >> than a few dramatically increases the chance that somebody will be unhappy
      >> with us and file a complaint with the security folks. So, look for ways to
      >> carpool!
      >
      > I'm happy to leave my care at home ;)
      >
      >> 2) There's a very good chance that with this many sprinters, we're going to
      >> have a bandwidth problem with the vacation house's access point. I
      >> encourage anyone that's got a cellular modem (or knows how to use their
      >> phone as one) to bring it along.
      >
      > Have one, will bring it but only an ATT card which does only GPRS in my
      > phone - I think - never tried it - new phone. If somebody has a spare
      > T-mobile prepaid...
      >
      >> 3) We need to decide pretty quickly if we want to try to rent an additional
      >> house. We're really maxed out for this one, and will need to have folks
      >> sleeping on the floor or inflatable mattresses. The rental company's max
      >> for this house is 12, and we've got 13 persons signed up at 90%+ likelihood
      >> of attending.
      >
      > Will arrive on Monday evening in SF, happy to help with logistics then.
      >
      > --
      > Florian Friesdorf <flo@...>
      >  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083
      > Jabber/XMPP: flo@...
      > IRC: chaoflow on freenode,ircnet,blafasel,OFTC
      >

      > --
      > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1331974802536

  • Re: Cioppino Logistics

    from bakednotfried on Mar 17, 2012 03:56 AM
    Hey Folks,

    On Mar 16, 2012, at 6:26 PM, Steve McMahon wrote:

    > 1) We really, really, really need to minimize autos at the sprint house. Autos are the biggest impact we have on the neighborhood, and having more than a few dramatically increases the chance that somebody will be unhappy with us and file a complaint with the security folks. So, look for ways to carpool!

    The dog and I will be coming across on I-80, and there's room for us to pick someone up along the way. The only issue is I've never taken this drive before and don't know what my timeline will really be. We'd just have to coordinate as I figure it out.

    Mike
  • Re: Cioppino Logistics

    from spanky on Mar 17, 2012 12:47 AM
    On Mar 16, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Steve McMahon wrote:

    > Hi folks!
    >
    > Some practical things to think about:
    >
    > 1) We really, really, really need to minimize autos at the sprint house. Autos are the biggest impact we have on the neighborhood, and having more than a few dramatically increases the chance that somebody will be unhappy with us and file a complaint with the security folks. So, look for ways to carpool!

    I have seats available.  I'm bringing Tyler already.  If we're going to bring folding tables/chairs the back seat will be folded down and therefore no additional passengers, but I haven't had any solid leads on tables yet.  Otherwise I should be able to bring one more person, although I will probably also have lots of groceries taking up room :-\

    > 2) There's a very good chance that with this many sprinters, we're going to have a bandwidth problem with the vacation house's access point. I encourage anyone that's got a cellular modem (or knows how to use their phone as one) to bring it along.

    I'm bringing an access point but that won't help with bandwidth.

    > 3) We need to decide pretty quickly if we want to try to rent an additional house. We're really maxed out for this one, and will need to have folks sleeping on the floor or inflatable mattresses. The rental company's max for this house is 12, and we've got 13 persons signed up at 90%+ likelihood of attending.

    Do we have non-confirmed attendees lurking out there?  Limi? Guests?  I'm up for another house if need be.

    > --
    > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/[…]/1331944037562

    • Re: Cioppino Logistics

      from rossp on Mar 17, 2012 01:02 AM
      I have a minivan with tons of room for people and/or stuff.  I'll be
      driving up Thursday morning after 10AM and driving back Monday morning
      after 10AM.  Anyone want to catch a ride of put stuff in my van?

      Ross

      On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:

      > On Mar 16, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Steve McMahon wrote:
      >
      >> Hi folks!
      >>
      >> Some practical things to think about:
      >>
      >> 1) We really, really, really need to minimize autos at the sprint house. Autos are the biggest impact we have on the neighborhood, and having more than a few dramatically increases the chance that somebody will be unhappy with us and file a complaint with the security folks. So, look for ways to carpool!
      >

      > I have seats available.  I'm bringing Tyler already.  If we're going to bring folding tables/chairs the back seat will be folded down and therefore no additional passengers, but I haven't had any solid leads on tables yet.  Otherwise I should be able to bring one more person, although I will probably also have lots of groceries taking up room :-\
      >

      >> 2) There's a very good chance that with this many sprinters, we're going to have a bandwidth problem with the vacation house's access point. I encourage anyone that's got a cellular modem (or knows how to use their phone as one) to bring it along.
      >

      > I'm bringing an access point but that won't help with bandwidth.
      >

      >> 3) We need to decide pretty quickly if we want to try to rent an additional house. We're really maxed out for this one, and will need to have folks sleeping on the floor or inflatable mattresses. The rental company's max for this house is 12, and we've got 13 persons signed up at 90%+ likelihood of attending.
      >

      > Do we have non-confirmed attendees lurking out there?  Limi? Guests?  I'm up for another house if need be.
      >

      >> --
      >> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/[…]/1331944037562

      • Re: Cioppino Logistics

        from spanky on Mar 17, 2012 01:17 AM
        Ross, maybe you can be the one to bring folding tables/chairs if we can score them!

        --

        ~Spanky

        On Mar 16, 2012, at 6:02 PM, Ross Patterson wrote:

        > I have a minivan with tons of room for people and/or stuff.  I'll be
        > driving up Thursday morning after 10AM and driving back Monday morning
        > after 10AM.  Anyone want to catch a ride of put stuff in my van?
        >
        > Ross
        >
        > On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> On Mar 16, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Steve McMahon wrote:
        >>
        >>> Hi folks!
        >>>
        >>> Some practical things to think about:
        >>>
        >>> 1) We really, really, really need to minimize autos at the sprint house. Autos are the biggest impact we have on the neighborhood, and having more than a few dramatically increases the chance that somebody will be unhappy with us and file a complaint with the security folks. So, look for ways to carpool!
        >>

        >> I have seats available.  I'm bringing Tyler already.  If we're going to bring folding tables/chairs the back seat will be folded down and therefore no additional passengers, but I haven't had any solid leads on tables yet.  Otherwise I should be able to bring one more person, although I will probably also have lots of groceries taking up room :-\
        >>

        >>> 2) There's a very good chance that with this many sprinters, we're going to have a bandwidth problem with the vacation house's access point. I encourage anyone that's got a cellular modem (or knows how to use their phone as one) to bring it along.
        >>

        >> I'm bringing an access point but that won't help with bandwidth.
        >>

        >>> 3) We need to decide pretty quickly if we want to try to rent an additional house. We're really maxed out for this one, and will need to have folks sleeping on the floor or inflatable mattresses. The rental company's max for this house is 12, and we've got 13 persons signed up at 90%+ likelihood of attending.
        >>

        >> Do we have non-confirmed attendees lurking out there?  Limi? Guests?  I'm up for another house if need be.
        >>

        >>> --
        >>> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/[…]/1331944037562

        • Re: Cioppino Logistics

          from rossp on Mar 17, 2012 01:23 AM
          Sure, as long as the pick-up/drop-off times work out.

          Ross

          On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:
          > Ross, maybe you can be the one to bring folding tables/chairs if we can score them!
          >
          > --
          >
          > ~Spanky
          >
          > On Mar 16, 2012, at 6:02 PM, Ross Patterson wrote:
          >
          >> I have a minivan with tons of room for people and/or stuff.  I'll be
          >> driving up Thursday morning after 10AM and driving back Monday morning
          >> after 10AM.  Anyone want to catch a ride of put stuff in my van?
          >>
          >> Ross

          >>> I have seats available.  I'm bringing Tyler already.  If we're going to bring folding tables/chairs the back seat will be folded down and therefore no additional passengers, but I haven't had any solid leads on tables yet.  Otherwise I should be able to bring one more person, although I will probably also have lots of groceries taking up room :-\

          >>> I'm bringing an access point but that won't help with bandwidth.

          >>> Do we have non-confirmed attendees lurking out there?  Limi? Guests?  I'm up for another house if need be.

          > --
          > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1331947027235

          • Re: Cioppino Logistics

            from spanky on Mar 17, 2012 01:34 AM
            Ross, and Steve, correct me if I'm wrong, we don't have access to the house until 2pm.  It only takes 2 hours (max) to get there from downtown SF so if you leave at 10a, you might be departing a little early.  I'm not planning to leave SF until noon for this reason.  Unless you have other plans in Bodega Bay first, of course...

            Also of note, last year I followed Google's directions which ended up being a crappy route.  I recommend getting off 101 in Petaluma and taking Lakeville St to Bodega Avenue rather than what Google suggests, unless someone has even better directions.

            http://g.co/maps/bsbnm

            --

            ~Spanky