• Plone Cioppino Sprint discussion

• Meals (Besides Cioppino)

from spanky on Mar 19, 2012 09:05 PM

Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
    	Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks

Thursday Night: Pizzas
    	easy to make on the first night
    	add our own fresh toppings

Friday Night: ???

Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
    Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!

Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
    Sunday Night: ???

Monday morning: leftovers

~Spanky
    Thread Outline:

from Michael Cullerton on Mar 20, 2012 03:19 PM
    Folks,

I'll bring stuff to make pizza dough.

Mike
    whose hand is raised for french toast

On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Tom Kapanka wrote:

> Thanks everyone for putting stuff onto the grocery list, but we also
    > need to plan actual meals.  Here are my suggestions:
    > Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
    > 	Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
    > Thursday Night: Pizzas
    > 	easy to make on the first night
    > 	add our own fresh toppings
    > Friday Morning: help yourself breakfast (Cereal, Sausage, egg, and
    > cheese sandwiches)
    > Friday Night: ???
    > Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes,
    > etc.)
    > Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
    > Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit
    > & more)
    > Sunday Night: ???
    > Monday morning: leftovers
    > It was suggested that one dinner be meat & potatoes kinda dinner.
    > I'm open to suggestions for any of the dinners, but since there will
    > be 13 people, we need to have a plan in advance.  Things that work
    > well for dinners: chicken or pasta.  We could easily make a seafood
    > linguine or some braised chicken in Liz's Curry spice mix.
    > I'll take responsibility for "breakfast".  But if breakfast to you
    > means 7:30am, then I suggest you make what you need since there's no
    > way I'll be awake that early to accomodate you.
    > If people want French Toast, raise your hand and I'll try to fit it
    > in (Friday morning?)
    > ~Spanky
    > --
    > .  Please contact cioppino-discussion-manager@...
    > for questions.

from mosx86 on Mar 20, 2012 07:03 PM
      +1 French toast :)

-L

On Mar 19, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Michael Cullerton <junkmail@...> wrote:

> Folks,
      > I'll bring stuff to make pizza dough.
      > Mike
      > whose hand is raised for french toast
      > On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Tom Kapanka wrote:
      >> Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
      >>    Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
      >> Thursday Night: Pizzas
      >>    easy to make on the first night
      >>    add our own fresh toppings
      >> Friday Night: ???
      >> Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
      >> Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
      >> Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
      >> Sunday Night: ???
      >> Monday morning: leftovers
      >> --
      >> ~Spanky
      >> --

from gogobd on Mar 20, 2012 07:33 PM
        Plone Shots!

from bdbaddog on Mar 20, 2012 04:53 PM
      +1 French toast.

On Mar 19, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Michael Cullerton wrote:

> Folks,
      > I'll bring stuff to make pizza dough.
      > Mike
      > whose hand is raised for french toast
      > On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Tom Kapanka wrote:
      >> Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
      >> 	Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
      >> Thursday Night: Pizzas
      >> 	easy to make on the first night
      >> 	add our own fresh toppings
      >> Friday Night: ???
      >> Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
      >> Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
      >> Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
      >> Sunday Night: ???
      >> Monday morning: leftovers
      >> --
      >> ~Spanky
      >> --

from bdbaddog on Mar 20, 2012 04:56 PM
      I think I missed the shopping list.
      Was there a google doc or a separate email thread?

-Bill
      On Mar 19, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Michael Cullerton wrote:

> Folks,
      > I'll bring stuff to make pizza dough.
      > Mike
      > whose hand is raised for french toast
      > On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Tom Kapanka wrote:
      >> Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
      >> 	Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
      >> Thursday Night: Pizzas
      >> 	easy to make on the first night
      >> 	add our own fresh toppings
      >> Friday Night: ???
      >> Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
      >> Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
      >> Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
      >> Sunday Night: ???
      >> Monday morning: leftovers
      >> --
      >> ~Spanky
      >> --

from spanky on Mar 20, 2012 04:59 PM

~Spanky

On Mar 20, 2012, at 9:56 AM, William Deegan wrote:

> I think I missed the shopping list.
        > Was there a google doc or a separate email thread?
        > -Bill
        > On Mar 19, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Michael Cullerton wrote:
        >> Folks,
        >> I'll bring stuff to make pizza dough.
        >> Mike
        >> whose hand is raised for french toast
        >> On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Tom Kapanka wrote:
        >>> Thanks everyone for putting stuff onto the grocery list, but we also need to plan actual meals.  Here are my suggestions:
        >>> Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
        >>> 	Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
        >>> Thursday Night: Pizzas
        >>> 	easy to make on the first night
        >>> 	add our own fresh toppings
        >>>
        >>> Friday Morning: help yourself breakfast (Cereal, Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches)
        >>> Friday Night: ???
        >>>
        >>> Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
        >>> Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
        >>>
        >>> Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
        >>> Sunday Night: ???
        >>> Monday morning: leftovers
        >>>
        >>> It was suggested that one dinner be meat & potatoes kinda dinner.  I'm open to suggestions for any of the dinners, but since there will be 13 people, we need to have a plan in advance.  Things that work well for dinners: chicken or pasta.  We could easily make a seafood linguine or some braised chicken in Liz's Curry spice mix.
        >>>
        >>> I'll take responsibility for "breakfast".  But if breakfast to you means 7:30am, then I suggest you make what you need since there's no way I'll be awake that early to accomodate you.
        >>>
        >>> If people want French Toast, raise your hand and I'll try to fit it in (Friday morning?)
        >>> --
        >>> ~Spanky
        >>> --
        >>> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332191120984
        >>> To unsubscribe send an email with subject "unsubscribe" to cioppino-discussion@....  Please contact cioppino-discussion-manager@... for questions.
        >> --
        >> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332256795286
        > --
        > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332262584112

from davisagli on Mar 19, 2012 09:13 PM
    On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:05 PM, Tom Kapanka wrote:

> Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
    > 	Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
    > Thursday Night: Pizzas
    > 	easy to make on the first night
    > 	add our own fresh toppings
    > Friday Night: ???
    > Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
    > Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
    > Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
    > Sunday Night: ???
    > Monday morning: leftovers

David

from spanky on Mar 19, 2012 09:29 PM
      On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:13 PM, David Glick wrote:
      > David

~Spanky

from Elizabeth Leddy on Mar 19, 2012 10:08 PM
        On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:13 PM, David Glick wrote:
        >> David

Bring it and I can bring some awesome chili spices. Don't let me forget!

> ~Spanky

from spanky on Mar 19, 2012 11:08 PM
          I'll be brining a full compliment of dried spices including:

- paprika
          - cayenne
          - basil
          - marjoram
          - rosemary
          - cinnamon
          - onion powder
          - black & white pepper
          - curry
          - mustard powder
          - kosher salt

I can't remember the rest but there are few more.

~Spanky

On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:08 PM, Elizabeth Leddy wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:
          >> On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:13 PM, David Glick wrote:
          >>> David
          > Bring it and I can bring some awesome chili spices. Don't let me forget!
          >> --
          >> ~Spanky
          >> --

from mosx86 on Mar 19, 2012 11:25 PM
            If there is a slow cooker, I've got a pretty good red sauce (meat or veggie).   I'm also pretty adept at salsa/guac an can help out with any cooking/grilling.

Oh and grilled hot wings...

-L

On Mar 19, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:

> I'll be brining a full compliment of dried spices including:
            > - paprika
            > - cayenne
            > - basil
            > - marjoram
            > - rosemary
            > - cinnamon
            > - onion powder
            > - black & white pepper
            > - curry
            > - mustard powder
            > - kosher salt
            > I can't remember the rest but there are few more.
            > ~Spanky
            > On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:08 PM, Elizabeth Leddy wrote:
            >> On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:
            >>> On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:13 PM, David Glick wrote:
            >>>>
            >>>> Thanks for doing some planning re food, Spanky. I'd vote for eating out one of the evenings.
            >>>> David
            >>>
            >>> Eating out sure solves a problem, at least for one night.  Might I suggest Friday Night out?
            >>>
            >>> That still leaves a Sunday dinner to plan.  I'll be bringing a dutch oven if someone wants to make something like a chili or slow cooked chicken something something stew yum.
            >> Bring it and I can bring some awesome chili spices. Don't let me forget!
            >>> --
            >>> ~Spanky
            >>> --
            >>> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332192545237
            >> --
            >> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332194894429
            > --
            > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332198514659

from stevem on Mar 20, 2012 12:05 AM
              I'll bring along everything that we'll need for the Cioppino — except the
              fishy/crabby parts, for which we'll shop in BB.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Luke Brannon <luke@...>wrote:

> If there is a slow cooker, I've got a pretty good red sauce (meat or
              > veggie).   I'm also pretty adept at salsa/guac an can help out with any
              > cooking/grilling.
              > Oh and grilled hot wings...
              > -L
              > On Mar 19, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:
              > > I'll be brining a full compliment of dried spices including:
              > >
              > > - paprika
              > > - cayenne
              > > - basil
              > > - marjoram
              > > - rosemary
              > > - cinnamon
              > > - onion powder
              > > - black & white pepper
              > > - curry
              > > - mustard powder
              > > - kosher salt
              > >
              > > I can't remember the rest but there are few more.
              > >
              > > --
              > >
              > > ~Spanky
              > >
              > > On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:08 PM, Elizabeth Leddy wrote:
              > >
              > >>
              > >> On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:
              > >>
              > >>>
              > >>> On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:13 PM, David Glick wrote:
              > >>>>
              > >>>> Thanks for doing some planning re food, Spanky. I'd vote for eating
              > out one of the evenings.
              > >>>> David
              > >>>
              > >>> Eating out sure solves a problem, at least for one night.  Might I
              > suggest Friday Night out?
              > >>>
              > >>> That still leaves a Sunday dinner to plan.  I'll be bringing a dutch
              > oven if someone wants to make something like a chili or slow cooked chicken
              > something something stew yum.
              > >>
              > >> Bring it and I can bring some awesome chili spices. Don't let me forget!
              > >>
              > >>
              > >>>
              > >>> --
              > >>>
              > >>> ~Spanky
              > >>>
              > >>> --
              > >>> Archive:
              > https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332192545237
              > >>> To unsubscribe send an email with subject "unsubscribe" to
              > cioppino-discussion@....  Please contact
              > cioppino-discussion-manager@... for questions.
              > >>>
              > >>
              > >>
              > >> --
              > >> Archive:
              > https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332194894429
              > >> To unsubscribe send an email with subject "unsubscribe" to
              > cioppino-discussion@....  Please contact
              > cioppino-discussion-manager@... for questions.
              > >>
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > --
              > > Archive:
              > https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332198514659
              > > To unsubscribe send an email with subject "unsubscribe" to
              > cioppino-discussion@....  Please contact
              > cioppino-discussion-manager@... for questions.
              > >
              > Archive:
              > https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332199520571
              > To unsubscribe send an email with subject "unsubscribe" to
              > cioppino-discussion@....  Please contact
              > cioppino-discussion-manager@... for questions.