• Plone Cioppino Sprint discussion

  • Meals (Besides Cioppino)

    from spanky on Mar 19, 2012 09:05 PM
    Thanks everyone for putting stuff onto the grocery list, but we also need to plan actual meals.  Here are my suggestions:

    Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
    	Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks

    Thursday Night: Pizzas
    	easy to make on the first night
    	add our own fresh toppings

    Friday Morning: help yourself breakfast (Cereal, Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches)
    Friday Night: ???

    Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
    Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!

    Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
    Sunday Night: ???

    Monday morning: leftovers

    It was suggested that one dinner be meat & potatoes kinda dinner.  I'm open to suggestions for any of the dinners, but since there will be 13 people, we need to have a plan in advance.  Things that work well for dinners: chicken or pasta.  We could easily make a seafood linguine or some braised chicken in Liz's Curry spice mix.

    I'll take responsibility for "breakfast".  But if breakfast to you means 7:30am, then I suggest you make what you need since there's no way I'll be awake that early to accomodate you.

    If people want French Toast, raise your hand and I'll try to fit it in (Friday morning?)

    --

    ~Spanky
    Thread Outline:

    from Michael Cullerton on Mar 20, 2012 03:19 PM
    Folks,

    I'll bring stuff to make pizza dough.

    Mike
    whose hand is raised for french toast

    On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Tom Kapanka wrote:

    > Thanks everyone for putting stuff onto the grocery list, but we also
    > need to plan actual meals.  Here are my suggestions:
    >
    > Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
    > 	Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
    >
    > Thursday Night: Pizzas
    > 	easy to make on the first night
    > 	add our own fresh toppings
    >
    > Friday Morning: help yourself breakfast (Cereal, Sausage, egg, and
    > cheese sandwiches)
    > Friday Night: ???
    >
    > Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes,
    > etc.)
    > Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
    >
    > Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit
    > & more)
    > Sunday Night: ???
    >
    > Monday morning: leftovers
    >
    > It was suggested that one dinner be meat & potatoes kinda dinner.
    > I'm open to suggestions for any of the dinners, but since there will
    > be 13 people, we need to have a plan in advance.  Things that work
    > well for dinners: chicken or pasta.  We could easily make a seafood
    > linguine or some braised chicken in Liz's Curry spice mix.
    >
    > I'll take responsibility for "breakfast".  But if breakfast to you
    > means 7:30am, then I suggest you make what you need since there's no
    > way I'll be awake that early to accomodate you.
    >
    > If people want French Toast, raise your hand and I'll try to fit it
    > in (Friday morning?)
    >
    > --
    >
    > ~Spanky
    >
    > --
    > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332191120984
    > for questions.

    • Re: Meals (Besides Cioppino)

      from mosx86 on Mar 20, 2012 07:03 PM
      +1 French toast :)

      -L

      On Mar 19, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Michael Cullerton <junkmail@...> wrote:

      > Folks,
      >
      > I'll bring stuff to make pizza dough.
      >
      > Mike
      > whose hand is raised for french toast
      >
      > On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Tom Kapanka wrote:
      >
      >> Thanks everyone for putting stuff onto the grocery list, but we also need to plan actual meals.  Here are my suggestions:
      >>
      >> Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
      >>    Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
      >>
      >> Thursday Night: Pizzas
      >>    easy to make on the first night
      >>    add our own fresh toppings
      >>
      >> Friday Morning: help yourself breakfast (Cereal, Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches)
      >> Friday Night: ???
      >>
      >> Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
      >> Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
      >>
      >> Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
      >> Sunday Night: ???
      >>
      >> Monday morning: leftovers
      >>
      >> It was suggested that one dinner be meat & potatoes kinda dinner.  I'm open to suggestions for any of the dinners, but since there will be 13 people, we need to have a plan in advance.  Things that work well for dinners: chicken or pasta.  We could easily make a seafood linguine or some braised chicken in Liz's Curry spice mix.
      >>
      >> I'll take responsibility for "breakfast".  But if breakfast to you means 7:30am, then I suggest you make what you need since there's no way I'll be awake that early to accomodate you.
      >>
      >> If people want French Toast, raise your hand and I'll try to fit it in (Friday morning?)
      >>
      >> --
      >>
      >> ~Spanky
      >>
      >> --
      >> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332191120984
      >>

      > --
      > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332256795286

      • Re: Meals (Besides Cioppino)

        from gogobd on Mar 20, 2012 07:33 PM
        Plone Shots!

    • Re: Meals (Besides Cioppino)

      from bdbaddog on Mar 20, 2012 04:53 PM
      +1 French toast.
      :)

      On Mar 19, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Michael Cullerton wrote:

      > Folks,
      >
      > I'll bring stuff to make pizza dough.
      >
      > Mike
      > whose hand is raised for french toast
      >
      > On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Tom Kapanka wrote:
      >
      >> Thanks everyone for putting stuff onto the grocery list, but we also need to plan actual meals.  Here are my suggestions:
      >>
      >> Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
      >> 	Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
      >>
      >> Thursday Night: Pizzas
      >> 	easy to make on the first night
      >> 	add our own fresh toppings
      >>
      >> Friday Morning: help yourself breakfast (Cereal, Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches)
      >> Friday Night: ???
      >>
      >> Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
      >> Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
      >>
      >> Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
      >> Sunday Night: ???
      >>
      >> Monday morning: leftovers
      >>
      >> It was suggested that one dinner be meat & potatoes kinda dinner.  I'm open to suggestions for any of the dinners, but since there will be 13 people, we need to have a plan in advance.  Things that work well for dinners: chicken or pasta.  We could easily make a seafood linguine or some braised chicken in Liz's Curry spice mix.
      >>
      >> I'll take responsibility for "breakfast".  But if breakfast to you means 7:30am, then I suggest you make what you need since there's no way I'll be awake that early to accomodate you.
      >>
      >> If people want French Toast, raise your hand and I'll try to fit it in (Friday morning?)
      >>
      >> --
      >>
      >> ~Spanky
      >>
      >> --
      >> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332191120984
      >>

      > --
      > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332256795286

    • Re: Meals (Besides Cioppino)

      from bdbaddog on Mar 20, 2012 04:56 PM
      I think I missed the shopping list.
      Was there a google doc or a separate email thread?

      -Bill
      On Mar 19, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Michael Cullerton wrote:

      > Folks,
      >
      > I'll bring stuff to make pizza dough.
      >
      > Mike
      > whose hand is raised for french toast
      >
      > On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Tom Kapanka wrote:
      >
      >> Thanks everyone for putting stuff onto the grocery list, but we also need to plan actual meals.  Here are my suggestions:
      >>
      >> Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
      >> 	Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
      >>
      >> Thursday Night: Pizzas
      >> 	easy to make on the first night
      >> 	add our own fresh toppings
      >>
      >> Friday Morning: help yourself breakfast (Cereal, Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches)
      >> Friday Night: ???
      >>
      >> Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
      >> Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
      >>
      >> Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
      >> Sunday Night: ???
      >>
      >> Monday morning: leftovers
      >>
      >> It was suggested that one dinner be meat & potatoes kinda dinner.  I'm open to suggestions for any of the dinners, but since there will be 13 people, we need to have a plan in advance.  Things that work well for dinners: chicken or pasta.  We could easily make a seafood linguine or some braised chicken in Liz's Curry spice mix.
      >>
      >> I'll take responsibility for "breakfast".  But if breakfast to you means 7:30am, then I suggest you make what you need since there's no way I'll be awake that early to accomodate you.
      >>
      >> If people want French Toast, raise your hand and I'll try to fit it in (Friday morning?)
      >>
      >> --
      >>
      >> ~Spanky
      >>
      >> --
      >> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332191120984
      >>

      > --
      > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332256795286

      • Re: Meals (Besides Cioppino)

        from spanky on Mar 20, 2012 04:59 PM
        https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AfaPMoWkhuW-N0OJ5TTcevYSGwRab3xrt9vBAE7-WgM/edit

        --

        ~Spanky

        On Mar 20, 2012, at 9:56 AM, William Deegan wrote:

        > I think I missed the shopping list.
        > Was there a google doc or a separate email thread?
        >
        > -Bill
        > On Mar 19, 2012, at 6:13 PM, Michael Cullerton wrote:
        >
        >> Folks,
        >>
        >> I'll bring stuff to make pizza dough.
        >>
        >> Mike
        >> whose hand is raised for french toast
        >>
        >> On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:05 PM, Tom Kapanka wrote:
        >>
        >>> Thanks everyone for putting stuff onto the grocery list, but we also need to plan actual meals.  Here are my suggestions:
        >>>
        >>> Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
        >>> 	Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
        >>>
        >>> Thursday Night: Pizzas
        >>> 	easy to make on the first night
        >>> 	add our own fresh toppings
        >>>
        >>> Friday Morning: help yourself breakfast (Cereal, Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches)
        >>> Friday Night: ???
        >>>
        >>> Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
        >>> Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
        >>>
        >>> Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
        >>> Sunday Night: ???
        >>>
        >>> Monday morning: leftovers
        >>>
        >>> It was suggested that one dinner be meat & potatoes kinda dinner.  I'm open to suggestions for any of the dinners, but since there will be 13 people, we need to have a plan in advance.  Things that work well for dinners: chicken or pasta.  We could easily make a seafood linguine or some braised chicken in Liz's Curry spice mix.
        >>>
        >>> I'll take responsibility for "breakfast".  But if breakfast to you means 7:30am, then I suggest you make what you need since there's no way I'll be awake that early to accomodate you.
        >>>
        >>> If people want French Toast, raise your hand and I'll try to fit it in (Friday morning?)
        >>>
        >>> --
        >>>
        >>> ~Spanky
        >>>
        >>> --
        >>> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332191120984
        >>>

        >> --
        >> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332256795286
        >>

        > --
        > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332262584112

  • Re: Meals (Besides Cioppino)

    from davisagli on Mar 19, 2012 09:13 PM
    On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:05 PM, Tom Kapanka wrote:

    > Thanks everyone for putting stuff onto the grocery list, but we also need to plan actual meals.  Here are my suggestions:
    >
    > Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
    > 	Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
    >
    > Thursday Night: Pizzas
    > 	easy to make on the first night
    > 	add our own fresh toppings
    >
    > Friday Morning: help yourself breakfast (Cereal, Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches)
    > Friday Night: ???
    >
    > Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
    > Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
    >
    > Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
    > Sunday Night: ???
    >
    > Monday morning: leftovers
    >
    > It was suggested that one dinner be meat & potatoes kinda dinner.  I'm open to suggestions for any of the dinners, but since there will be 13 people, we need to have a plan in advance.  Things that work well for dinners: chicken or pasta.  We could easily make a seafood linguine or some braised chicken in Liz's Curry spice mix.
    >
    > I'll take responsibility for "breakfast".  But if breakfast to you means 7:30am, then I suggest you make what you need since there's no way I'll be awake that early to accomodate you.
    >
    > If people want French Toast, raise your hand and I'll try to fit it in (Friday morning?)

    Thanks for doing some planning re food, Spanky. I'd vote for eating out one of the evenings.
    David

    • Re: Meals (Besides Cioppino)

      from spanky on Mar 19, 2012 09:29 PM
      On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:13 PM, David Glick wrote:

      > Thanks for doing some planning re food, Spanky. I'd vote for eating out one of the evenings.
      > David

      Eating out sure solves a problem, at least for one night.  Might I suggest Friday Night out?

      That still leaves a Sunday dinner to plan.  I'll be bringing a dutch oven if someone wants to make something like a chili or slow cooked chicken something something stew yum.

      --

      ~Spanky
      • Re: Meals (Besides Cioppino)

        from Elizabeth Leddy on Mar 19, 2012 10:08 PM
        On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:

        > On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:13 PM, David Glick wrote:
        >>
        >> Thanks for doing some planning re food, Spanky. I'd vote for eating out one of the evenings.
        >> David
        >
        > Eating out sure solves a problem, at least for one night.  Might I suggest Friday Night out?
        >
        > That still leaves a Sunday dinner to plan.  I'll be bringing a dutch oven if someone wants to make something like a chili or slow cooked chicken something something stew yum.

        Bring it and I can bring some awesome chili spices. Don't let me forget!

        > --
        >
        > ~Spanky
        >
        > --
        > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332192545237

        • Re: Meals (Besides Cioppino)

          from spanky on Mar 19, 2012 11:08 PM
          I'll be brining a full compliment of dried spices including:

          - paprika
          - cayenne
          - basil
          - marjoram
          - rosemary
          - cinnamon
          - onion powder
          - black & white pepper
          - curry
          - mustard powder
          - kosher salt

          I can't remember the rest but there are few more.

          --

          ~Spanky

          On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:08 PM, Elizabeth Leddy wrote:

          > On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:
          >

          >> On Mar 19, 2012, at 2:13 PM, David Glick wrote:
          >>>
          >>> Thanks for doing some planning re food, Spanky. I'd vote for eating out one of the evenings.
          >>> David
          >>
          >> Eating out sure solves a problem, at least for one night.  Might I suggest Friday Night out?
          >>
          >> That still leaves a Sunday dinner to plan.  I'll be bringing a dutch oven if someone wants to make something like a chili or slow cooked chicken something something stew yum.
          >
          > Bring it and I can bring some awesome chili spices. Don't let me forget!
          >

          >> --
          >>
          >> ~Spanky
          >>
          >> --
          >> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332192545237

          • Re: Meals (Besides Cioppino)

            from mosx86 on Mar 19, 2012 11:25 PM
            If there is a slow cooker, I've got a pretty good red sauce (meat or veggie).   I'm also pretty adept at salsa/guac an can help out with any cooking/grilling.

            Oh and grilled hot wings...

            -L

            On Mar 19, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:

            > I'll be brining a full compliment of dried spices including:
            >
            > - paprika
            > - cayenne
            > - basil
            > - marjoram
            > - rosemary
            > - cinnamon
            > - onion powder
            > - black & white pepper
            > - curry
            > - mustard powder
            > - kosher salt
            >
            > I can't remember the rest but there are few more.
            >
            > --
            >
            > ~Spanky
            >
            > On Mar 19, 2012, at 3:08 PM, Elizabeth Leddy wrote:

            >>> Eating out sure solves a problem, at least for one night.  Might I suggest Friday Night out?
            >>>
            >>> That still leaves a Sunday dinner to plan.  I'll be bringing a dutch oven if someone wants to make something like a chili or slow cooked chicken something something stew yum.
            >>
            >> Bring it and I can bring some awesome chili spices. Don't let me forget!
            >>

            >>> --
            >>>
            >>> ~Spanky
            >>>
            >>> --
            >>> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332192545237
            >>

            > --
            > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332198514659

            • Re: Meals (Besides Cioppino)

              from stevem on Mar 20, 2012 12:05 AM
              I'll bring along everything that we'll need for the Cioppino — except the
              fishy/crabby parts, for which we'll shop in BB.