• Plone Cioppino Sprint discussion

  • Cocktail Shopping List

    from rossp on Mar 20, 2012 05:12 PM
    BTW, speaking of shopping lists, here's the list of ingredients I'm
    bringing for my cocktail menu.  Last year, my stock pretty much
    covered the whole sprint but there were a lot less people.  If anyone
    want's to supplement it, that will help to assure that cocktails flow
    throughout the sprint.  :-)

    Rye/Bourbon Whiskey - Manhattan, Sazerac, Final Word (FYI, Spanky is
    also bringing bourbon)
    Scotch Whiskey, DeWar's White Label - Blood and Sand
    Gin, Citadelle or Plymouth - Last Word, Martinez, Aviation, Martini, Ruddy Mary
    Anejo Tequila, El Jimador - 3-2-1 Margarita
    Anejo Rum, Appleton Estate 12 Year - Mai Tai
    Cocci Sweet Vermouth - Martinez, Blood and Sand
    Carpano Antica Formula Seet Vermouth - Manhattan
    Luxardo Maraschino Liquer - Last Word, Aviation, Final Word
    Heering Cherry Liquer - Blood and Sand
    Green Chartreuse - Last Word, Final Word
    Cointreau - 3-2-1 Margarita, Mai Tai

    Ross

    On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:
    > Thanks everyone for putting stuff onto the grocery list, but we also need to plan actual meals.  Here are my suggestions:
    >
    > Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
    >        Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
    >
    > Thursday Night: Pizzas
    >        easy to make on the first night
    >        add our own fresh toppings
    >
    > Friday Morning: help yourself breakfast (Cereal, Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches)
    > Friday Night: ???
    >
    > Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
    > Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
    >
    > Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
    > Sunday Night: ???
    >
    > Monday morning: leftovers
    >
    > It was suggested that one dinner be meat & potatoes kinda dinner.  I'm open to suggestions for any of the dinners, but since there will be 13 people, we need to have a plan in advance.  Things that work well for dinners: chicken or pasta.  We could easily make a seafood linguine or some braised chicken in Liz's Curry spice mix.
    >
    > I'll take responsibility for "breakfast".  But if breakfast to you means 7:30am, then I suggest you make what you need since there's no way I'll be awake that early to accomodate you.
    >
    > If people want French Toast, raise your hand and I'll try to fit it in (Friday morning?)
    >
    > --
    >
    > ~Spanky
    >
    > --
    > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332191120984

  • Re: Cocktail Shopping List

    from rossp on Mar 20, 2012 06:24 PM
    Bill asked for some clarification I thought I should share.  If you
    want to contribute, maybe bring one bottle of one of the ingredients
    that is used in a cocktail you particularly like.

    Ross

    On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Ross Patterson <me@...> wrote:
    > BTW, speaking of shopping lists, here's the list of ingredients I'm
    > bringing for my cocktail menu.  Last year, my stock pretty much
    > covered the whole sprint but there were a lot less people.  If anyone
    > want's to supplement it, that will help to assure that cocktails flow
    > throughout the sprint.  :-)
    >
    > Rye/Bourbon Whiskey - Manhattan, Sazerac, Final Word (FYI, Spanky is
    > also bringing bourbon)
    > Scotch Whiskey, DeWar's White Label - Blood and Sand
    > Gin, Citadelle or Plymouth - Last Word, Martinez, Aviation, Martini, Ruddy Mary
    > Anejo Tequila, El Jimador - 3-2-1 Margarita
    > Anejo Rum, Appleton Estate 12 Year - Mai Tai
    > Cocci Sweet Vermouth - Martinez, Blood and Sand
    > Carpano Antica Formula Seet Vermouth - Manhattan
    > Luxardo Maraschino Liquer - Last Word, Aviation, Final Word
    > Heering Cherry Liquer - Blood and Sand
    > Green Chartreuse - Last Word, Final Word
    > Cointreau - 3-2-1 Margarita, Mai Tai
    >
    > Ross
    >
    > On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Tom Kapanka <spanky@...> wrote:
    >> Thanks everyone for putting stuff onto the grocery list, but we also need to plan actual meals.  Here are my suggestions:
    >>
    >> Daily lunch: sandwich/salad fixin's
    >>        Bread/lunchmeat/lunch veggies/snacks
    >>
    >> Thursday Night: Pizzas
    >>        easy to make on the first night
    >>        add our own fresh toppings
    >>
    >> Friday Morning: help yourself breakfast (Cereal, Sausage, egg, and cheese sandwiches)
    >> Friday Night: ???
    >>
    >> Saturday morning: prepared breakfast (Bacon, eggs, toast, potatoes, etc.)
    >> Saturday Night: CIOPPINO!!!
    >>
    >> Sunday morning: Amazing Brunch! (Eggs benedict with crabcakes, fruit & more)
    >> Sunday Night: ???
    >>
    >> Monday morning: leftovers
    >>
    >> It was suggested that one dinner be meat & potatoes kinda dinner.  I'm open to suggestions for any of the dinners, but since there will be 13 people, we need to have a plan in advance.  Things that work well for dinners: chicken or pasta.  We could easily make a seafood linguine or some braised chicken in Liz's Curry spice mix.
    >>
    >> I'll take responsibility for "breakfast".  But if breakfast to you means 7:30am, then I suggest you make what you need since there's no way I'll be awake that early to accomodate you.
    >>
    >> If people want French Toast, raise your hand and I'll try to fit it in (Friday morning?)
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> ~Spanky
    >>
    >> --
    >> Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332191120984

    • Re: Re: Cocktail Shopping List

      from bdbaddog on Mar 20, 2012 08:50 PM
      Ross,

      Will that be enough Bourbon (You + Spanky's contribution?)
      Or should I pick up more (and if so, can you suggest a brand?)
      I thoroughly enjoyed last years Manhattans.

      I'll hit BevMo tomorrow and grab something to make sure we don't drain your kit.

      -Bill

        from spanky on Mar 20, 2012 08:53 PM
        I was going to grab at least one bottle of http://cyrusnoble , but if others are bringing more, I'll only get one since I'm a little more strapped for cash than I was planning for so early in the pay period :(  (Stupid bi-monthly car insurance payment always surprises me)

        --

        ~Spanky

        On Mar 20, 2012, at 1:50 PM, William Deegan wrote:

        > Ross,
        >
        > Will that be enough Bourbon (You + Spanky's contribution?)
        > Or should I pick up more (and if so, can you suggest a brand?)
        > I thoroughly enjoyed last years Manhattans.
        >
        > I'll hit BevMo tomorrow and grab something to make sure we don't drain your kit.
        >
        > -Bill
        >
        > On Mar 20, 2012, at 11:24 AM, Ross Patterson wrote:
        >
        >> Bill asked for some clarification I thought I should share.  If you
        >> want to contribute, maybe bring one bottle of one of the ingredients
        >> that is used in a cocktail you particularly like.
        >>
        >> Ross
        >>
        >> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Ross Patterson <me@...> wrote:
        >>> BTW, speaking of shopping lists, here's the list of ingredients I'm
        >>> bringing for my cocktail menu.  Last year, my stock pretty much
        >>> covered the whole sprint but there were a lot less people.  If anyone
        >>> want's to supplement it, that will help to assure that cocktails flow
        >>> throughout the sprint.  :-)
        >>>
        >>> Rye/Bourbon Whiskey - Manhattan, Sazerac, Final Word (FYI, Spanky is
        >>> also bringing bourbon)
        >>> Scotch Whiskey, DeWar's White Label - Blood and Sand
        >>> Gin, Citadelle or Plymouth - Last Word, Martinez, Aviation, Martini, Ruddy Mary
        >>> Anejo Tequila, El Jimador - 3-2-1 Margarita
        >>> Anejo Rum, Appleton Estate 12 Year - Mai Tai
        >>> Cocci Sweet Vermouth - Martinez, Blood and Sand
        >>> Carpano Antica Formula Seet Vermouth - Manhattan
        >>> Luxardo Maraschino Liquer - Last Word, Aviation, Final Word
        >>> Heering Cherry Liquer - Blood and Sand
        >>> Green Chartreuse - Last Word, Final Word
        >>> Cointreau - 3-2-1 Margarita, Mai Tai
        >>>
        >>> Ross

        > --
        > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/cioppino/lists/cioppino-discussion/archive/2012/03/1332276620858

      • Re: Re: Cocktail Shopping List

        from rossp on Mar 20, 2012 08:54 PM
        It sounds like we'll have enough rye/bourbon but I'd also hate to run
        out of it.  :-)  If I had to lay odds, I'd say it's more likely that
        Spanky and I will bring a surplus than a dearth.  But how about some
        Antica Formula?  Or maybe one of the bottles from your second choice?
        If you still want to get rye, I like Redemption Rye or Bullet Rye.

        Ross