• Deliverance Discussion

  • Deliverance installation process not very well defined and broken

    from miohtama on Jan 25, 2010 09:55 AM
    Hi,

    Today I tried to install Deliverance with not too good results

    - coactive wiki install instructions are messy and didn't work anymore (package names have been changed, references to old versions which are not anymore to find). I tried to fix some of the errors, but I couldn't clean up the instructions as I don't know how the process should go.

    - buildout recipe http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.recipe.deliverance/1.0rc1 refers to non-existing downloads. The recipe contains also bad instructions for parameter names (seems that they have been fixed in trunk)

    After managing to get it together and trying to use the command

     deliverance-proxy --new-layout deliverance

    it complains about missing files:

    IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/moo/py25/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Deliverance-0.3c3-py2.6.egg/deliverance/editor/editor_template.html'

    Is there a working deliverance installation instructions somewhere? I suspect the non working and utterly complex installation process might hinder the adaption of this very good project.

    -Mikko

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Deliverance installation process not very well defined and broken

    from miohtama on Jan 25, 2010 10:11 AM
    Ah found this:

    http://deliverance.openplans.org/quickstart.html

    Maybe old/deprecated instructions should be hunted down.
    • Re: Re: Deliverance installation process not very well defined and broken

      from sampson on Jan 25, 2010 02:36 PM
      Hey Mikko,

      You're right -- installation docs are a mess at the moment.

      On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Mikko Ohtamaa <mikko@...>wrote:

      > Ah found this:
      >
      > http://deliverance.openplans.org/quickstart.html

      Actually even that is out of date -- the pybundles are not well maintained.

      Simply `easy_install Deliverance` in a virtualenv and run `paster create -t
      deliverance` to get a project skeleton set up.

      Currently there's no maintained buildout either.  I've just been uploading
      sdists to PyPI, as the common denominator for any other build mechanisms.

      The coactivate wiki is obsolete -- it's noted as such on the front page but
      perhaps there should be a large warning on *every* page.  I don't want to
      delete it since it's still useful as an archive, and for anyone using 0.2.

      I've been focusing on the code and on getting release candidates out to PyPI
      -- but I am planning to spend some time cleaning up the documentation before
      the final 0.3 release.  Then we just need to publish it to a canonical
      location.

      -Ethan