• CoActivate Users' Group discussion

  • "Save and Continue Editing" - and Features Wishlist wiki

    from Ethan_Jucovy on Nov 22, 2012 07:04 PM
    Hi,

    I've just (finally) added a "Save and Continue Editing" button on wiki
    pages -- thanks Tom and Strypey for suggesting it, and for the patience.

    I also spent a bit of time today going through the "Features Wishlist" wiki
    page that Strypey started a while ago.  I started creating some additional
    pages to collect ideas, and hopefully start to articulate requirements, for
    some of the ideas that have been discussed.  I organized the pages by
    topics, with multiple similar features included on a single page, so that
    we can think about how related features might fit together.

    The main page is here:
    https://www.coactivate.org/projects/openplans-users-group/features-wishlist

    Current sub-pages are:

       - *Navigation Management*:
       https://www.coactivate.org/projects/openplans-users-group/navigation-management
       - *Relationships Among Projects*:
       https://www.coactivate.org/projects/openplans-users-group/relationships-among-projects
       - *Export and Import*:
       https://www.coactivate.org/projects/openplans-users-group/export-and-import
       - *Project Tools*:
       https://www.coactivate.org/projects/openplans-users-group/project-tools
       - *Relationships Among Tools*:
       https://www.coactivate.org/projects/openplans-users-group/relationships-among-tools

    If you're interested in any of these topics, please feel free to add ideas,
    questions, comments, user stories, requirements, or anything else.  And if
    you have ideas about other page topics that make sense to add (even if they
    overlap with the existing ones) please do that too!

    Of course this isn't meant to replace any of the existing ways to
    discuss/suggest/critique features -- I just think that for some of these
    larger / more complex / more interrelated features, doing some synthesis
    and design up front will be the best way to start the process, and to
    ensure that CoActivate's feature set remains internally consistent and easy
    to use as it grows.

    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Ethan

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: "Save and Continue Editing" - and Features Wishlist wiki

    from tomlowenhaupt on Nov 23, 2012 04:21 AM
    Ethan,

    Thanks you for this. Much appreciated.

    Best,

    Tom

    P.S. The feature that sends email notification of changed wiki pages is
    not working. This is very helpful, especially in those instances when
    inappropriate  changes might have been made. If you'd turn it back on,
    I'd appreciate it.