• CoActivate Users' Group discussion

  • 10K

    from dramatic on Jan 23, 2013 05:13 AM
    Congratulations on reaching 10,000 users.
    Coactivate's growth may not have been as viral as many other online tools (especially in the "slacktavism" niche), but its value and utility are considerable.
    Thread Outline:
  • Re: 10K

    from Yves Moisan on Jan 23, 2013 01:24 PM
    CoActivaters,

    I chime in to say I started my first (at the time) Openplans project
    back in 2006 and I still use the blog of that original project as "my
    own", short of having  viral community to make it not exclusively mine.

    Thank you, CoActivate maintainers !

    Yves Moisan
    Sherbrooke, Québec
    > Congratulations on reaching 10,000 users.
    > Coactivate's growth may not have been as viral as many other online tools (especially in the "slacktavism" niche), but its value and utility are considerable.
    >
    > --
    > Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/openplans-users-group/lists/openplans-users-group-discussion/archive/2013/01/1358918016205

    • Re: 10K

      from strypey on Jan 23, 2013 10:45 PM
      Kia ora

      I too have been part of the CoA community since 2006, and it continues
      to be a valuable tool in my research, writing, and organising. Thanks
      to all who have been involved in creating this service, and especially
      to Ethan and others who continue to maintain and improve it.

      He mihi nui
      Strypey

      On 24 January 2013 02:24, Yves Moisan <yves.moisan@...> wrote:
      > CoActivaters,
      >
      > I chime in to say I started my first (at the time) Openplans project back in
      > 2006 and I still use the blog of that original project as "my own", short of
      > having  viral community to make it not exclusively mine.
      >
      > Thank you, CoActivate maintainers !
      >
      > Yves Moisan
      > Sherbrooke, Québec
      >
      >> Congratulations on reaching 10,000 users.
      >> Coactivate's growth may not have been as viral as many other online tools
      >> (especially in the "slacktavism" niche), but its value and utility are
      >> considerable.
      >>
      >> --
      >> Archive:
      >> https://www.coactivate.org/projects/openplans-users-group/lists/openplans-users-group-discussion/archive/2013/01/1358918016205
      >>

      > --
      > Archive:
      > https://www.coactivate.org/projects/openplans-users-group/lists/openplans-users-group-discussion/archive/2013/01/1358947487279

      Danyl Strype
      Community Developer
      Disintermedia.net.nz/strype

      "Geeks are those who partake in our culture."
      - .ISOcrates

      "Uncomfortable alliances are not just necessary; they reflect and
      speak to the tremendous possibility of our political moment."
      - Harmony Goldberg and Joshua Kahn Russell
      http://www.nationofchange.org/new-radical-alliances-new-era-1337004193

      "Both Marxists and Chicago-school libertarian economists can agree
      that free software is the best model."
      - Keith C Curtis
      http://keithcu.com/wordpress/?page_id=407