• CoActivate Users' Group discussion

  • Mailing list not delivering

    from dramatic on Mar 20, 2015 01:28 AM
    Hi team,
    The mailing list pinz-council-discussion@... appears not to be delivering messages (although they are appearing on the project page)
    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Mailing list not delivering

    from danielstrypeybruce on Apr 09, 2016 07:10 AM
    Kia ora koutou

    On Mar 19, 2015 09:28 PM, Richard Grevers wrote:
    > Hi team,
    > The mailing list pinz-council-discussion@... appears not to be
    > delivering messages (although they are appearing on the project page)

    In case anyone hadn't picked up on this, Ethan and a few helpers triaged and
    fixed this problem in October last year:
    https://www.coactivate.org/news/20151012194840

    Ma te wā
    Strypey
  • Re: Mailing list not delivering

    from strypey on Jul 25, 2015 09:58 AM
    Kia ora koutou

    One of the most helpful things CoActivate offers us as users is the
    ability to set up multiple mailing lists, for different subgroups,
    under the one project, rather than having to set up a separate project
    every time we want another mailing list. I really value this about the
    CoA feature set, and I really appreciate the work that Ethan (and
    others) put into maintaining mailing list services, with all the
    spamcatching etc that they involve. Thanks heaps Ethan and co!

    On 20 March 2015 at 14:28, Richard Grevers <pinz@...> wrote:
    > Hi team,
    > The mailing list pinz-council-discussion@... appears not to be delivering messages (although they are appearing on the project page)

    Is this still happening Richard?

    On a related note, I've been trying to join another address to the
    permageeks mailing list (part of the Aotearoa Permaculture Network
    project) using the "send a blank email to..." method. I've tried:
    permageeks-subscribe@...
    subscribe-permageeks@...
    permageeks-subscribe@...
    subscribe-permageeks@...

    None of these are working. Have I forgotten the correct method, or is
    there some bug with the mailing list system?

    Ma te wā

    Daniel Strypey Bruce
    Community Developer
    Disintermedia.net.nz/strype

    "Geeks are those who partake in our culture."
    - .ISOcrates

    "Voting... is the next to last refuge of the politically impotent. The
    last refuge is, of course, giving your opinion to a pollster, who will
    get a version of it through a dessicated question, and then will
    submerge it in a Niagra of similar opinions, and convert them into -
    what else? - another piece of news. Thus, we have here a great loop of
    impotence: The news elicits from you a variety of opinions about which
    you can do nothing except to offer them as more news, about which you
    can do nothing."
    - Neil Postman, 'Amusing Ourselves To Death'