• CoActivate Users' Group discussion

  • RE: Blog/ email list integration

    from tomlowenhaupt on Sep 07, 2015 11:40 AM
    I'm here and using it as a wiki. Started using standard WP for my blog.

    Best,

    Tom Lowenhaupt
    connectingnyc.org

    -------- Original Message --------
    Subject: [CoActivate Users' Group discussion] Blog/ email list integration
    From: Danyl Strype <strypey@...>
    Date: Sep 7, 2015 1:57 AM
    To: openplans-users-group-discussion@...
    CC:

    Kia ora koutou

    I was thinking another form of integration which would make it easier
    to build active communities around CoA projects would blog/ email list
    integration so that blog pieces go out to an email list
    ([project]-news@...) when published, then direct
    replies via the email list become blog comments on the blog page.

    There would be some issues that need solving, such as whether it's
    possible for the system to trim the original post off the reply where
    the email client has automatically quoted it at the top or  bottom of
    the email (as GMail does, often without the person knowing), without
    removing anything the person quotes as part of the reply.

    You've all been pretty quiet of late. Is this list working? Anyone out
    there still actively using CoA other than me? :)

    Ma te wā

    --
    Daniel Strypey Bruce
    Community Developer

    "Geeks are those who partake in our culture."
    - .ISOcrates

    "Voting... is the next to last refuge of the politically impotent. The
    last refuge is, of course, giving your opinion to a pollster, who will
    get a version of it through a dessicated question, and then will
    submerge it in a Niagra of similar opinions, and convert them into -
    what else? - another piece of news. Thus, we have here a great loop of
    impotence: The news elicits from you a variety of opinions about which
    you can do nothing except to offer them as more news, about which you
    can do nothing."
    - Neil Postman, 'Amusing Ourselves To Death'

    --
    Archive: https://www.coactivate.org/projects/openplans-users-group/lists/openplans-users-group-discussion/archive/2015/09/1441605452690