• CoActivate Users' Group discussion

  • Does anyone know if new users are invited to join this users group?

    from danielstrypeybruce on May 15, 2016 10:58 PM
    Greetings all

    Just wondering if anyone (Ethan?) knows whether the welcome email that gets sent out when people create a new CoA account mentions the users group project and invites them to join?

    Cheers
    Strypey
    Thread Outline:
  • Re: Does anyone know if new users are invited to join this users group?

    from Ethan_Jucovy on May 24, 2016 11:49 AM
    Good question.  Looks like no:

    {{username}},

    You recently signed up to use CoActivate.

    Please confirm your email address at the following address: {{confirm_url}}

    If you cannot click on the link, you can cut and paste it into your
    browser's address bar.

    Once you have confirmed, you can start using CoActivate.

    If you did not initiate this request or believe it was sent in error you
    can safely ignore this message.

    Cheers,
    The CoActivate Team
    https://www.coactivate.org

    It's a pretty bland message, too.  Want to draft something new to swap in?

    -Ethan

    On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 6:58 PM, Danyl Strype <disintermedia@...
    > wrote:

    > Greetings all
    >
    > Just wondering if anyone (Ethan?) knows whether the welcome email that
    > gets sent out when people create a new CoA account mentions the users group
    > project and invites them to join?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Strypey
    >
    > --
    > Archive:
    > https://www.coactivate.org/projects/openplans-users-group/lists/openplans-users-group-discussion/archive/2016/05/1463353137239
    > questions.

    • Re: Does anyone know if new users are invited to join this users group?

      from strypey on May 24, 2016 11:02 PM
      Kia ora koutou

      On 2016-05-24 23:49, Ethan Jucovy wrote:
      > It's a pretty bland message, too.  Want to draft something new to swap
      > in?

      Happy to. Another couple of questions though, if new sign-ups don't
      confirm their email, are they in fact a user? Do users get another email
      message after they confirm their email? If so, the bland "please confirm
      your email" message is probably fine, but I could draft something for
      users to get after they confirm their email, including an invitation to
      join the users group.

      Another possibility; new users could automatically be added to the users
      group project, in the same way that new team members in a project are
      automatically added to the base mailing list for that group. What do you
      think?

      Hei kōnā
      Strypey

      --
      “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
      matter, and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss