• CoActivate Users' Group discussion

  • unsubscribing a non-member from a list

    from dramatic on Aug 13, 2016 06:56 AM
    Hi team,

    We have a project member who has moved overseas and while she was removed
    from the project, it appears that she had a separate non-member email
    subscribed to the mailing list. There seems to be no means of unsubscribing
    email for an address which belongs to a non-member of the project. (And our
    list doesn't seem to be including unsubscribe instructions in emails).

    Cheers
    Richard

    Thread Outline:
  • Re: ***SPAM*** unsubscribing a non-member from a list

    from strypey on Aug 13, 2016 10:40 AM
    Kia ora koutou

    On 2016-08-13 18:56, Richard Grevers wrote:
    >> We have a project member who has moved overseas and while she was
    >> removed from the project, it appears that she had a separate
    >> non-member email subscribed to the mailing list. There seems to be no
    >> means of unsubscribing email for an address which belongs to a
    >> non-member of the project. (And our list doesn't seem to be including
    >> unsubscribe instructions in emails). <<

     From the footer of your email:
    > openplans-users-group-discussion@.... Please contact
    > openplans-users-group-discussion-manager@... for
    > questions. <

    If the project member follows these instructions, inserting the list
    name where it says "open-plans-discussion group", that ought to unsub
    them.

    Also, each email list in a project has its own set of admins, defined in
    the 'preferences' tab. You can add or remove admins using their CoA
    username. To unsub a subscriber using admin privileges, tick the box in
    the correct column, and save changes with the button.

    Sorry I haven't done this myself, but it's good for more active project
    members to know how to work admin functions anyway ;)

    Ma te wā
    Strypey

    --
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't
    matter, and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss